Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jolly Pirates sail

Jolly Pirates sail

Do you prefer the whole day or half day of sailing and snorkeling on the Jolly Pirates? Trying to decide which one to go on next week!

Thanks!

Gail

Ditto EXACTLY to EVERYTHING Andrea said.

Andrea & Arubalisa,

the Tranquillo sounds really nice, I like the calm, quiet, is this one recommended for a not so experienced snorkler, I've read the Jolly can be more upbeat, I mean with the rope swing and etc.... How about the DePalm Snorkel? Will be at the Radisson, are they all relativily close ?

Tranquilo leaves from the foot of the De Palm Pier at the south end of the Radisson's beach. Jolly Pirates departs from the beach betwen the Marriot Surf Club and Holiday Inn at MoomBa. It is a short walk from the Radisson.

Tranquilo is a relaxing day involving much more sailing and relatively low key. JP's is as you described a little more upbeat with the rope swing, music and dancing.

On Tranquilo, if you are unsure of your snorkel skills you can start out slow by swimming around on the in inside of the barrier reef. Then if you are feeling brave you can swim to the little dock and "pop over" onto the oceanside of the reef. Again, you can snorkel here with relative ease and the water is not deep.

Then if you are feeling more confident, you can take part in the drift snorkel. This is a real highlight of the trip, but not everyone partakes. You will be in water which is 40" deep, BUT if you are not going to dive Mike's reef, this is the next best wayh to see it. More details of our day on Tranquilo.

Arubalisa, great article, I don't know, love the sound of calm,quiet, tranquil feeling, however, might be a little to much for us on the water, certain parts seemed a little scary. Can you tell me about DePalm tours, is that the same as these ?

De Palm Tours is a much larger operator, the largest tour operator on the island.

Aruba since 1979
    depalm (IMO) pays little attention to detail and more attention to the "bottom line =$"
    their boats are nice
    their itinerary is pretty much the same as -----
    depalm IMO packs in the folks like noah hearding the animals onto the ark.

but, they lack the detail, the comfort that Tranquillo provides........even ----- is detail and customer oriented.

Tranquillo surely will be your best bet.

disclosure...........i have done a nuber of boat snorkels and i get SEASICK
    i get seasick, floating on a tube in a backyard pool.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Arubalisa, great article, I don't know, love the sound of calm,quiet, tranquil feeling, however, might be a little to much for us on the water, certain parts seemed a little scary. Can you tell me about DePalm tours, is that the same as these ?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-01-2008 at 03:42 PM.

i've been on the depalm 1/2day snorkel...does the JP stop at the same places - antilla and the shallow place near the light house (i think??)

Quote Originally Posted by arubaness View Post
    i've been on the depalm 1/2day snorkel...does the JP stop at the same places - antilla and the shallow place near the light house (i think??)
    Yes, JP'S does: Antilla, Malmok and Boca Catalina.

andrea & arubalisa,
    thanks so much for your honest advise, if 2 people with as much experience with Aruba as you both do, don't know what is best , than I don't know. Even though the article intimidates me with that eel story, I am going to try the tranquillo, its close to me # 1 and # 2 I love the peace , traquil and calm feeling, and mostly # 3, if I'm spending money, I like to know I'm going to be shown the attention and correct guidance. How long do you go out? 1/2 day ? Do you know about How Much ? Any thing special you need to bring with you ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast