Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jolly Pirates sail

Kathy, do not worry about the "green moray eel". As others here can tell you, they are more afraid of you than you of them. Also they live in recesses in coral and such. "He" was on the bottom and "hiding", if our fellow snorkeler had now seen him, we probably would have passed him right up. We were on the top of the water, so he was not THAT close to us.

FAMOUS SOUTH SIDE LUNCH CRUISE Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays is the sail that you want. It is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

They depart from the south side of the De Palm Pier which is right there at the south end of the Radisson's beach. The only thing I can think to make sure you bring is cash instead of credit card for payment as well as plenty of sunscreen. There is a canopy on the back of the boat for shade, but it is "first come, first served".

abj
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    imo the half day is aplenty.
    we preferred the morning.

if you like the jolly pirate snorkel, chance are you'd LOVE the tranquillo snorkel adventure.
    (like comparing apples/shaving cream)

jolly is lively, lots of drinking and food, lots of partying and snorkel is good.

tranquillo is tranquil, quiet, calm, food and drink and the snorkeling is OUT OF THIS WORLD.

andrea

oh man you guys are confusing me now..lol i will be there from aug 10-16 and wanted to do the jolly piarates but now you have me thinking i may want to do the tranquillo. me and my 13 year old son will be going on this. which place do you think is better for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    jolly is lively, lots of drinking and food, lots of partying and snorkel is good.

tranquillo is tranquil, quiet, calm, food and drink and the snorkeling is OUT OF THIS WORLD.

andrea
    Like Andrea said the Jolly is lively, the Tranquilo is calm and relaxing.

Tranquilo is 6 hours and JP's is 4 1/2. Will the 13 yo be bored sailing? Does the 13 you "have to be" entertained with stuff like the dancing and rope swing on JP's.

If it is to be based solely on the quality of the snorkeling, imo, go with Tranquilo. I just asked our 12 yo again and she says she enjoyed both, but there was more "stuff" to do on the JP's.

Another option is to do the Tranquilo and then one morning get some snorke gear and take the bus to Malmok/Catalina and snorkel on your own. The only snokel spot you would miss that JP's does would be the Antilla. Imo, the Antilla is a tough snorkel due to the winds and the waves and the visibility isn't that great anyway.

Arubalisa,

thanks, I wrote to the Tranquillo about various trips, when I hear back, I will try to make a reservation with him, you think I have to do that now, won't be there till Nov. I'll try not to give the Eels a thought

We're leaving for Aruba on Wednesday and I just made reservations on the Jolly Pirate. Should be fun! We're in our twenties... not much of partiers, I didnt know until reading posts it was a wild ship, but it should be fun nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by Audisnawb View Post
    We're leaving for Aruba on Wednesday and I just made reservations on the Jolly Pirate. Should be fun! We're in our twenties... not much of partiers, I didnt know until reading posts it was a wild ship, but it should be fun nonetheless!
    Actually it is not wild, just energetic. Very "G" rated. Free flowing alcohol only for those who want it.

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    I'll try not to give the Eels a thought
    A little birdie told me Mr. Moray is going to Miami shopping that week. No worries!

abj
    Does the 13 you "have to be" entertained with stuff like the dancing and rope swing on JP's.

i don't think he is as bad as i am in haveing to be "entertained" all the time...lol. we are both high engery people. i know he would love a rope swing though and so would i. guess its the JP for us. heck maybe we will do both. thanks for the info..

you will not be disappointed My (then) 13 yr old DD had a fabulous time on JP a few years ago and can't wait to go back in a few weeks!

HERE is her flip off the rope swing with one of the JP guys
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    A little birdie told me Mr. Moray is going to Miami shopping that week. No worries!
    HE DOESN'T HAVE TO GO TO MIAMI, HE CAN GO TO TOWN AND SHOP, AS LONG AS HE TAKES A WATER BREAK, I'M GOOD
    THANKS I HEARD FROM THE TRANQUILLO GUY AND AM DEF. GOING TO DO THE LUNCH CRUISE, SOUNDS PERFECT, THEY ALSO HAVE A SUNSET CRUISE, BUT YOU NEED TO GUARANTEE HIM 6 PEOPLE , HE TOLD ME THOSE ARE KIND OF HARD TO BOOK, HE RECOMMENDS OCTOPUS ( I THINK THAT WAS IT ), DID YOU EVER HEAR OF THAT ONE TO DO A SUNSET KIND OF THING. I HAVE A RES. FOR PASSIONS AT 7:00, WILL I SEE THE SUNSET THAN, OR IS THAT 2 LATE ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast