Aruba Beach

Thread: Jolly Pirates Sunset Tour

Marandis Bingoes Marriott Surf Club Lazy River

Jolly Pirates Sunset Tour

Every year I say I'm going to take the Jolly Pirates Sunset Tour. Every year I see such beautiful sunset set on land that I never book it. So any suggestions? I have my 80 year old mother and a 20 year daughter. Do you think it is worth the money
    Eileen[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Aruba since 1979
    i am going to answer your question with a question.
    sometimes the sunset is not so great due to haze/clouds/overcast.
    if you are going ONLY for the sunset, would you be furious that you spent the $$ for the JP sail, to not have a spectacular sunset?

if your answer is yes
    then i would say i think the 3 of you should park yoursleves on one of the west coast beaches..........set yourself up comfortably with beverage of your choice, a loaf of crusty bread and some brie.

or

head to the phoenix resort, sit in the adirondack chairs and enjoy

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by eileenberk View Post
    Every year I say I'm going to take the Jolly Pirates Sunset Tour. Every year I see such beautiful sunset set on land that I never book it. So any suggestions? I have my 80 year old mother and a 20 year daughter. Do you think it is worth the money

Banned
    I took the Mi Dushi sunset cruise 2 years ago and we were packed on board. It was not that comfortable. I always had good luck on the Pelican sunset cruise. There is a lot less people and more relaxing and much easier access to the bar. But this is in July. I'm sure it's different in the peak season. A great place for a sunset for me is the end of the DePalm pier at the Bugaloe. Get there an hour before sunset. Move your chair to the edge of the end of the pier because minutes before sunset people will stand right in your way and block your view. The food is good there.

Your 20 yo would certainly enjoy the Jolly Pirates. It is a lively excursion. Not a wild party by any means, but light hearted fun with cool beverages. I know my elderly grandmother would enjoy it simply for the "boat ride" and being able to see the resorts from the water. But different strokes for different folks.

Marandis Bingoes Marriott Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks guys! Those are all the same reason I can't make up my mind! But it's Aruba, so anywhere is fine with me as long as I am there!
    Eileen[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

When were you planning on going? Different times of year=different sunsets.

I personally would just sit on the beach and watch it...much more relaxing.

Jolly Pirates plays loud music and I'm not sure the 80 yr old would enjoy it...the Jolly Pirates are much better for their snorkeling cruise ($20 - $30 per person so if u don't get a good sunset...it isn't worth ur money)

Hope this helps

butterfly farm fallen arch bridge fresh pool
    August 8 will be my 3rd trip to Aruba...Jolly Pirate is wonderful..for the snorkeling and the fun. I always wonder about a sunset cruise...the haze is always a concern and many many nights the sunset is a non event. I recommend sunset cruises for lovers only..because just being on a boat with a lover is a wonderful experience..add a cocktail and who cares if there is a sunset at all??? I love the evening catamaran ride..you get a different feeling at the end of the day. The beach is the best place for the sunset viewing...and when the sun goes down, you are right there, on the beach, without that boring boat ride back!!

Jolly Pirates has earned a great reputation for its fun-filled trips around the waters of Aruba's northwest coast. The crew is absolutely fantastic entertaining, witty and knowledgeable. And the boat itself, a gaff-rigged sailing yacht, is beautiful with gleaming wood and picturesque sails. There are three trips to choose from. "Sail, Snorkel, Swim and Swing!" Includes stops at three snorkeling destinations, all gear, a barbecue lunch and open bar, and of course the famed rope swing. "Something Fishy's Going On" covers the same territory, minus the food.