Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lobster hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Chadd have you ever seen lobsters? We never did.
    Yes, but rarely between Arashi and the high rise area. Most were towards the southern end of the island or on night dives. Back in November there was a huge one at the Pedernales that I saw on a night dive. Easily above 10 or 15 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Yes, but rarely between Arashi and the high rise area. Most were towards the southern end of the island or on night dives. Back in November there was a huge one at the Pedernales that I saw on a night dive. Easily above 10 or 15 pounds.
    We were never lucky enough to be on the island when there were enough divers interested in a night dive.

Great video link.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We were never lucky enough to be on the island when there were enough divers interested in a night dive.
    Red Sail runs two per week, I don't think we had more than three other divers either time.

Finding Lobster in Aruba.

There are so many lobster in Aruba I don't know why people are not seeing them.
    The best time to catch lobster is at night when they come out from under rocks and from inside reefs, they are just sitting out in the open then waiting to be grabbed. The only place I have seen them in large numbers in the daytime is just in front of the Divi Phoenix hotel along the rock walls going out to sea.
    If you are going to try picking up the lobster here make sure you are wearing gloves, while they don't have claws they do have some very sharp spines on them.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12