Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jam309

Thread: long lasting pedicure in Palm Beach?

long lasting pedicure in Palm Beach?

I hope this is in the right forum...anyway, where can I get a pedicure in Palm Beach that will last a couple weeks? I have had one at Playa Linda, and it wasn't very durable. I like to get one before we leave, so I can see it when I am back home and remember vacation!

I have to say that I have never had a great deal of success with pedicures or manincures and Aruba. Perhaps it has something to do with the salt water, chlorine from the pool, sand and/or sunscreen

I usually get a manicure and pedicure at home prior to leaving and then a polish change half way through our typical 13 day trip.

Perhaps for the longest lasting finish, your best bet would be a shellac pedicure

Thumbs up CND Shellac No Chip Manicure

I would suggest getting a CND Shellac pedicure!! They are bit more costly but they are worth it!! You get the shine & last as if you were to get acrylic/gel tips on your hands

They use a special base & top coat that needs to try under UV light, when you leave your nails are completely dry. Also it is guaranteed to last for a full two weeks and it lasts longer. I had both mani/pedi and the pedi lasted for about a month. You really do get your money's worth

For a list of salons that offer that service go to the CND official cite at w w w . c n d . com

Only after I replied did I see your suggestion, I do think that is the best thing to do!! Again, good luck!! And trust me it is the best to stare down at your shiny toes day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I have to say that I have never had a great deal of success with pedicures or manincures and Aruba. Perhaps it has something to do with the salt water, chlorine from the pool, sand and/or sunscreen

I usually get a manicure and pedicure at home prior to leaving and then a polish change half way through our typical 13 day trip.

Perhaps for the longest lasting finish, your best bet would be a shellac pedicure

Aruba since 1979
    I have always gotten a good pedicure at ESSENTIALS spa at the Lacabana.
    (sorry i do not know of one to recommend at palm beach)
    If you make an appointment ask for patty.

great pedicures.
    (as well as arylic or gel nail fills)

Are the shellac ones the kind that need to be removed in a salon (can't do it at home with nail polish remover)?

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Are the shellac ones the kind that need to be removed in a salon (can't do it at home with nail polish remover)?
    Correct

My local salon suggests these options for removing the polish at home - You can soak the polish off yourself in a glass bowl of acetone or you can soak cotton balls with acetone and place on your nail and wrap your nail in aluminum foil for about 10 minutes and it will peel off.

I love shellac manis and pedis, but I'm worried about how they will hold up in the ocean and pool. I'm getting a mani/pedi before we leave to go to Aruba, and I've found that the spa at the Divi carries shellac in case I need a refresh.