Aruba Beach

Thread: Looking for good fishing charter

Looking for good fishing charter

We are looking for a fishing charter for three days in January-- between the 18th and 22nd. We are flexible on dates. We would really like to go out of the dock/marina between the Marriott and Holiday Inn. We are looking for a 3/4 day charter leaving early morning for between 1 and 4 people each day (some may not go everyday).

Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated!

Aruba since 1979
    how about MELINA CHARTER www.arufishing.com

andrea

Andrea, thanks

for the reply. We saw their website and were interested. We sent emails a couple weeks ago to them and they responded once but they didn't respond again. We tried to call them to set dates etc. and for some reason we can't get the numbers to go through.

Good to see that you think highly of them.

We would really like to get the trips booked and would look at other charters as well.

Aruba since 1979
    please do not assume that i think highly of them.
    my husband or i have never been out fishing with them.
    then again we aren't fishing kinda folks. (i am a seasick person)

i do know other folks that have gone out on the melina and had fun and caught plenty.

try emialing them or calling them

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ebrpaurba View Post
    for the reply. We saw their website and were interested. We sent emails a couple weeks ago to them and they responded once but they didn't respond again. We tried to call them to set dates etc. and for some reason we can't get the numbers to go through.

Good to see that you think highly of them.

We would really like to get the trips booked and would look at other charters as well.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-02-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks again Adrea J,

We will keep trying. We think it may be our cell plan (perhaps not able to call Aruba or have it blocked). We will call from landline on Monday.

I get seasick as well, so I am not sure if I will even get on the boat--in Cabo, I can hardly get on the boat taxis. I did the Jolly Pirate last time in Aruba and had a ball. Perhaps Aruban water is good luck for me!

Thanks again!

Aruba since 1979
    try installing skype on your puter

you can then call and speak with the folks on aruba for about 16 cents per minute

when u speak with melina tell them that the the aruba.com forum recommended them
    :-)

Andrea,

once again, thanks! We will do that--and will definitely get the rec in. Also sent an email to my siblings (family trip) about aruba.com. What a great site.

Thanks so much!

I believe the Driftwood Restaurant has a charter boat and that they will then cook the fish for you at their restaurant. We had a wonderful dinner there two summers ago. It was the first time I had baracuda and it was yummy. You may want to check that out. We have a group going next summer and there are some of us who want to go on a charter. Please let me know how you make out.
    Next Aruba trip in