Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for top ten

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Yeah, but is there anything better than laying on a big beautiful white sand beach with a very cold glass of rum in your hand !!!!???(with a splash of coke of course.....)
    I'm with you!!

LOL You are so right. I just thought I was the only person that ordered rum with a spash. My friends always laugh when I order my drink-now I can tell them someone else does too!
    It won't be long and I will be doing JUST that!
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Yeah, but is there anything better than laying on a big beautiful white sand beach with a very cold glass of rum in your hand !!!!???(with a splash of coke of course.....)

Thanks for the site. I am now 2 weeks away from our first trip, getting excited....

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Fresh watermelon juice at mulligans for brunch is a great treat!

Quote Originally Posted by Divibound View Post
    Fresh watermelon juice at mulligans for brunch is a great treat!
    Sounds like a terrific thirstquencher.
    At happy hour I bet it would be great with vodka too.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Joz View Post
    Eat, drink and be happy
    I couldn't agree more =)

Sights, places and tours, oh my!

Hello All,

This post is the second post (thanks for your answers to the first) in a series in hopes of making my first visit an even more memorable one. I have done many searches in the different forums and hope that I am not asking questions that have been already answered but please be patient if I post questions that have been answered previously.

My question is regarding the sights, sounds, tours and places of interest in Aruba. Like everyone else we have a very busy life and need to relax during our vacation and while being there for only a week we only want to devote one day for activities (that is not sitting on the beach enjoying a few pops). Also, from what I have read, most suggestions are not to try and do everything the first visit because we will likely be addicted to the place anyways and be back. That being said, what are the absolutely must see and do experiences in Aruba? I know there are many, many things to see and do, but what is your top picks, your all-time favorites, the best “if your go to Aruba you have to see this” locales? Please keep in mind our beach time commitment.

Also, we are going to be there during Carnival (last week of February) and I was wondering if there were any Carnival events such as the Tivoli Lighting Parade that were worth taking seeing?

Thanks in advance for all of your answers!

Cannuck Jay
    Last edited by Cannuck.Jay; 12-10-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a question.

Aruba since 1979
    IMO the must do is either a snorkel sail with OCTOPUS or TRANQUILO

if you like a little more of a less relaxed snorkel sail, then i recommend Jolly Pirates.
    (more kids, more people, more activity)
    OR
    an island tour, including the paved road at ARIKOK NATIONAL PARK with someone like Bully (username on this site is TAXIDRIVER) or PITARUBA.com (username cyrilo croes on this site)

re: carnival activity............i have never taken part in or seen any of the parades but it is quite a wild time from what i hear. it IS a BIG DEAL.

Only 7 days? Imo, morning half day tour with one of the fellows Andrea mentioned. Lunch at a local spot or your resort and the rest of the day relaxing on the beach. Schedule it about the 3rd day into your trip when you will need a break from the sun. The next afternoon, schedule an afternoon or sunset snorkel trip and spend the morning on the beach. Carnival events will be advertised in the local English tourist papers, they are not held nightly so you may have to plan around those as well. If you are on the island on February 26, perhaps spend the day on the beach and attend the Tivoli Lighting Parade http://www.aruba.com/ThingstoDo/Even...NG_PARADE.aspx

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    On our first trip, we rented a car, and had a great time exploring the "other side" of the island in the afternoons after beaching in the morning. Even if you only rent one for a day or two, there are so many interesting things to just stumble upon!

Once you get away from the hotels, you will see the "natural" island, with rough coasts, cactus, aloe, wild donkeys and goats, dirt roads and rock formations -- it's pretty cool!

A car also makes it very easy to try out many of the island's wonderful restaurants -- so many excellent ones!

This year the highlight of our two weeks was a half-day tour with Madi to the Natural Pool and other places (just put "Madi" in the search box for info and reviews)

I wish we had done a half-day snorkel trip, and maybe a sunset cruise!

You'll find that spending most of the day on the beach is what you're really there for! As you said, don't try to pack in too much planned stuff -- you WILL be back to do more!
    Last edited by Windy; 12-10-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast