Aruba Beach

Thread: Lost Wedding Ring during Snorkel/Catalina Bay

Lost Wedding Ring during Snorkel/Catalina Bay

Please help us find my husband's wedding ring. We lost it during a snorkel at Catalina Bay. It is a gold band with an inscription "Tammy and Rick 2003 Forever and Even Amen". We were on the Black Pearl at their last stop, we were about 20-25 yards off shore. Reward will be offered if found. Contact us at 301-884-7073. Date lost: 6/28/2010

Banned
    i'll be there next week, I will keep an eye out for it. Where is the road access to Catalina Bay?
    Are you from MD?
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    The area is called by two names, some maps say Boca Catalina and some refer to Catalina Bay. The area is just north of Malmok and south of Arashi Beach. There is no direct road to the beach such as there is to Arashi Beach. The best access would probably be by water. We remember being moored in front of a house with a thatched roof (the only one) and it was next door to an all white house. As you are looking at it from the water the house with the thatched roof is to the left of an all white house. There is a white plastic can floating in the water which holds up the mooring line used by the Black Pearl.
    If you find that white plastic float, that is where we were moored and we believe the ring was lost as we were getting back on the boat. We are estimating that we were 25-30 yards off shore. Thank you for your help. We are from St. Mary's County, MD.
    Rick and Tammy

Banned
    Well, as you probably already know, the odds of finding it are pretty slim, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I live in Calvert County, in Port Republic. I go week 27 every year at LaCabana.

Thanks Paul,
    We are really hoping that it landed on some rock or coral instead of the sand. We realize its a long shot. But, stranger things have happened. We come to Aruba one week every July. Other than losing the ring, another significant thing at that dive site was a six foot Green Moray eel. It was an awesome site. Other people saw a sea turtle and squid during the dive. It is a tremondous area to snorkel.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I'm sorry to hear about your wedding ring. My husband is on his third one! I was really upset when I found out about the first one he lost, and I didn't even find out until many months later ( he replaced it on his own). He takes it off when he plays golf. I will keep my eye out for yours when I snorkel at the end of this month.

Did you go there with an organized tour or just by yourselves? We are taking my father in law and his girlfriend this time and they don't snorkel. I would like to snorkel several times but I don't want to do a tour by myself. My husband won't want to go with me as often as I want to go (again...the golf!) and I know it isn't safe to swim/snorkel alone.

Thanks, and I hope to return with good news for you!

Deb

Thanks Deb,
    We went on the Black Pearl for our snorkelling tour. Book it before you go, as it is a small group, that books up quickly. It's nice because you have your own comfortable assigned seat as well as personalized service. It is a very relaxing snorkel with two stops. It is very safe. If you go ask Captain Albert about our wedding ring. He will remember where we lost it. I love to snorkel, when we go, they have trouble getting me out of the water. I always want to snorkel every day. I'd go on the tour alone. There are plenty of people that will snorkel in the same area. You won't be alone. Try out Arashi Beach, it has great snorkelling and your family can relax on the beach while you snorkel. We took a picnic lunch so we could stay for a while. I wanted to go to the Donkey Sanctuary, but no one wanted to go with me. I should have gone anyway. Maybe next year. Tammy

I'm going to be their next week for 7 days and was looking for a snorkeling trip that I can freedive from and didn't like the review of de palms tour. Do you have a site or contact info for them? It would be nice to get on a snorkling trip that isn't packed, plus I'm a certified free-diver so being able to sit on the bottom for 4 minutes will give me a good chance of seeing anything if it's there.

Google the Black Pearl Aruba. He has a website where you can book a snorkel trip. It was a really nice trip. You need to reserve ahead because they book up since there are limited seats. You get an assigned seat and they are very comfortable. It is run by Captain Albert Monna. They serve you some really good sandwiches after the snorkel too!

I found the site, but that don't do day trips unless you reserve the boat so I'll probably book on the jolly roger instead.