Aruba Beach

Thread: Low Impact Activities

Low Impact Activities

My 20 year old ended up having shoulder surgery this week which throws off our plans for diving, the jeep tour, etc. on our visit the week after next. The original plan was to have the surgery after we got back but before he headed back to college but that obviously didn't work out.

We'll have a car so getting places isn't an issue and we'll take the time to tour the island on our own.

My wife saw a cigar factory tour which he'd love. Any suggestions on some low impact activities for a 20 year old?

Aruba since 1979
    that is a shame but at least the surgery is over and allows for earlier healing.

will this impact him swimming or at least getting into the ocean or the pool?

i would suggest

donkey sanctuary (although the donkeys can be somewhat pushy)

balashi beer factory tour (closed toe shoes required)

helicopter tour .........by far an AMAZING wonderful tour. not inexpensive, but well worth every dollar.

these are just a few thoughts. it's early and i am waiting for coffee to drip .
    after coffee i may have more to say

Quote Originally Posted by aegs07961 View Post
    My 20 year old ended up having shoulder surgery this week which throws off our plans for diving, the jeep tour, etc. on our visit the week after next. The original plan was to have the surgery after we got back but before he headed back to college but that obviously didn't work out.

We'll have a car so getting places isn't an issue and we'll take the time to tour the island on our own.

My wife saw a cigar factory tour which he'd love. Any suggestions on some low impact activities for a 20 year old?

Aruba since 1979
    Looking for something "unique" to do.

here is a tagged thread that might be of interest.

HeliTours Aruba
    helicopter thread

I have some photos of our ride
    Aruba Island Helicopter Tour

A quite snorkel trip (he doesn't have to snorkel) small and quite "Black Pearl".
    May I make a suggestion, even if he is not required to wear the sling at that time, wear it in the airport and when in crowded areas. I've found people can be more cautious that way. I've had both shoulders done and now need my left done again (re-tear) when we get back. Hope he recovers quickly and have a nice trip.