Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mangel Halto

Mangel Halto

Can anyone give us directions to Mango Halto? We know it's by the airport, we found Depalm island but couldn't find Mango Halto. We want to snorkel the reef area so if anyone can help we would appreciate it. Thanks!

We've been but I cannot give directions as we had given up looking when we finally stumbled upon it. I may be a little off topic here but have you considered doing a trip with Aruba Bob Snorkeling? The currents at Mangel Halto can be strong and dangerous. I highly recommend d having a guide and a water scooter.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Not sure where you'll be driving from or if you have a car but it's in Google Maps:

https://goo.gl/maps/T1GqpSwpEJH2

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Here is a nice website with lots of info and driving directions at the end of the page:

http://www.tropicalsnorkeling.com/sn...gel-halto.html

I would as well highly recommend to hook up with an experienced guide like Aruba Bob/Kent as the current can be very dangerous.

Thanks everyone, google maps worked for us! We considered doing the trip with Aruba Bob but we changed our minds and decided to just snorkel within the reef. We know it's not as good as the tour but beings this was our first time here and not knowing what to expect we thought we would just check out the area a bit before committing to the tour. Thanks again for your help!

Aruba since 1979
    please be very careful and wear life vests/pfds

the map that act1966 provided is good.

there is parking along the street and please make sure that you do not leave any valuables in your vehicle.
    lock it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    Thanks everyone, google maps worked for us! We considered doing the trip with Aruba Bob but we changed our minds and decided to just snorkel within the reef. We know it's not as good as the tour but beings this was our first time here and not knowing what to expect we thought we would just check out the area a bit before committing to the tour. Thanks again for your help!

To get to the best places you go beyond the reef with coral at the surface here, there, and everywhere, while swells are crashing about with solid current. With a guide, it's a piece of cake. With a scooter and guide, even a beginning swimmer can handle it.

I went on a tour (Arubabob) last year and it was awesome!

The year prior I went alone, got lost surrounded by corals, and saw nothing, spending 15 minutes trying make my way back. I am also a competitive swimmer

Please take the advice and warnings seriously. When a competitive swimmer says "spending 15 minutes trying to make my way back" you know it's a serious warning.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The snorkeling wasn't very good for us inside the reed but we did see a few things. The beach area is beautiful and relaxing so it's is worth the trip either way. But we all can't stress enough, just be careful whatever you decide.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Lesson learned, we went to Mangel Halto yesterday and we basically saw nothing. We did not venture out very far as we didn't have vests and the current did look swift. Does Aruba Bob take you beyond the yellow buoy? I am a beginner snorkeler and being in the open ocean scares me a bit. Maybe we will try it if we come back next year. 😊 Heading to Arashi beach tomorrow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast