Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Blaster speed boat

Master Blaster speed boat

I am trying to find out information about the Master Blaster boat excursion in Aruba. I haven't been able to find a website for them, just references to it on other sites. Does anyone have any contact information for them? If someone has done this excursion, could you please let me know what you thought of it. I read somewhere that if you have 8 people in your party, you can book a private excursion. Also, I read that new owners recently took it over and that if there are people in your group who are scared or nervous, they go much slower to accommodate them. We are interested in a high-speed ride. I know it has sightseeing stops along the way and isn't speeding the whole time but I'd like to know if it's thrilling enough that you think teenage boys would like this. We will be on a cruise and I'm wondering if this can be booked privately or if we have to book it through the cruiseline. Any input you can give me would be a great help. Thanks.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Atlantis Adventures had run the Master Blaster. I don't see it advertised on their website anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SunLover View Post
    We will be on a cruise and I'm wondering if this can be booked privately or if we have to book it through the cruiseline. Any input you can give me would be a great help. Thanks.
    This is dependent upon what arrangement the cruise line has with the tour operator. Some tour operators have contracts with the cruise lines which state they will not allow their passengers to book tours independently if the same excursion is offered aboard the ship. A friend had this problem with De Palm Tours the last time we sailed aboard Celebrity.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Haven't done it, but my teens want to to, looks fun

I have done this with my three teenage boys and THEY LOVED IT! It was the best thing they did on the island. We got to know the owners of the Master Blaster as we sat on the beach right by their hut. Yes, they sold it to a new person who is running it now. If you are on a cruise ship they have the contract for the day with the cruise ship so I don't believe that they can take you privately.

I do have the old owners email address and I will find out from them how you can contact the new owners directly.

The Master Blaster was such a success that my kids did it twice and we recommended it to a number of people on the beach and also really enjoyed it. A GOOD CHOICE TO DO!!!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to find out how to contact the new owners directly and right after reading your post I booked it. I'm so glad you told me your kids liked it because I have teenagers that will not want to just sit around on the beach all day. This sounds perfect. We're going in December, so I'll post a message when I get back and let everyone know how it was. Thanks again.

Great!! When in December are you going to be in Aruba? Very wise decision.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Arashi Beach Moomba Bar Oranjestad Marina

Master Blaster is now Ocean Safari

Quote Originally Posted by SunLover View Post
    I am trying to find out information about the Master Blaster boat excursion in Aruba. I haven't been able to find a website for them, just references to it on other sites. Also, I read that new owners recently took it over and that if there are people in your group who are scared or nervous, they go much slower to accommodate them. We are interested in a high-speed ride. I'd like to know if it's thrilling enough that you think teenage boys would like this. We will be on a cruise and I'm wondering if this can be booked privately or if we have to book it through the cruiseline.
    Hello SunLover. I am the admin person for Master Blaster, now the Ocean Safari. I wanted to take this time to answer any of your questions.

We are working on the web site now. The owners put together a fantastic tour and made great relationships. But they didn't do much online marketing. I was brought in to take over the admin. We all interviewed and hired the new captain. He was trained by the owners, so the tour has the same excellent quality and excitement.

Don't worry, we go fast! No matter who is on board. The only place we slow down is on the north point, where older people are not accustomed to the slapping of the bow on the waves.

We can take private tours, no matter where you come from. We just have to work around the cruise ship schedules if they are in port that day. We typically have a 2pm tour that departs from Moomba Beach that is open to anyone.

SunLover, send me a private message. I want to know what date you booked so I can greet you properly.

Deuce
    Last edited by deuce; 11-16-2008 at 11:44 AM.

Can you tell me if we can till book from the same spot a before? Master Blaster was stationed at the hut infront of the Surf Club. I understand from the old owners you are not using that particular arrangement. So, how can someone get hold of you? Can we still make arrangements for a trip from Jerry's water sports hut?

Arashi Beach Moomba Bar Oranjestad Marina
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Can you tell me if we can till book from the same spot a before? Master Blaster was stationed at the hut infront of the Surf Club. I understand from the old owners you are not using that particular arrangement. So, how can someone get hold of you? Can we still make arrangements for a trip from Jerry's water sports hut?
    Hello Randi

We pick up on the other side of the fisherman's pier (Hadicurari), in front of Moomba Bar. So, about 25 steps from Jerry. You can still book it through him. In fact, I would prefer it, since I want to give him business. We check in at the Beauty and the Beast jewelry store in the Moomba complex. Now I don't have to stand out there with a manual credit card machine

For those that want to call, the reservation number is the same: 568 5594

We offer the 90 minute tour. Plus, we are starting a 30 minute tour in the late afternoons.

For cruise ship people (like SunLover), we offer the Ocean and Beach Safari. Taxi from the ship to Moomba where you get a free lounge chair. In the afternoon, we take you on the tour and drop you off at the ship.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Deuce

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast