Aruba Beach

Thread: Me, a future diver!

Anywhere I can feel the sun and the nice aruban breeze!

Me, a future diver!

This coming June, Hubby and I will go for our first sailing lesson. I also want to be able to go observe the marine live a little closer. I am a good swimmer but I don't know how to snorkel efficiently or to dive. I once wen't Snuba diving in St-Thomas and I absolutly loved it.

Snorkeling is not just putting on the equipment and paddle your way around like I am doing for now, at least, I want to do more than just that. As a diver, well, I've never tried it without a little boat at the surface.

I am presently looking for a school around here so I can learn the art of snorkeling. I will only be snorkeling in a pool, but at least, I will be so much better at it. After that, it will be time to learn how to dive.

Is there a place where we could rent a sailboat in Aruba? It could be fun to rent one for a week or two next year. We could visit the island by sea and by land. Of course, the price has to be right. I know that a week or two won't be enough but it is a good start.

If I understand your question, there are no bareboat charters that anyone has been able to determine.

Sailing

renting a boat

If you are looking for a referral for scuba certification at home, you can begin your research at
    http://www.padi.com/scuba/

Thanks Lisa, I have been looking for a school around here for a little while now. We also have friends and family who can help us since they have their certification already. I just would prefer to practice the skills I will learn in the Caribbean then here in Quebec.

Unless your friends are instructors and not just certified divers, they aren't allowed to teach you and you will not become a certified diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Unless your friends are instructors and not just certified divers, they aren't allowed to teach you and you will not become a certified diver.
    The help I was talking about was more in terms of referrals for schools since they are not instructors.