Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morgans Island Waterpark - Reduces Price

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I think it was this board that I posted 2 months ago that Morgan's probably would close in a few months.

Aruba since 1979
    can we confirm if it has closed?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    If no one postes before I get there I'll find out when I get to Aruba in 2 days.

We didn't see anyone using the slides as we drove by the past three weeks, however, we never have either??
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Water Park Morgan’s Island closed down
    23 Maart, 2010, 08:43 (GMT -04:00)
    http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_70299.php

ORANJESTAD —Morgan’s Island has closed their doors. The water park is most likely bankrupt.

Technicians from Balashi had stood at the entrance early this morning to collect things from the company, but to no avail. Before a reporter from Amigoe, they confirmed they could not enter the premises. They had just heard from their foreman that some one had seized the company. According to them, an adjudication order would be issued within two to three weeks. The foreman had heard this from the company. “The management had phoned everyone this morning to tell them the company would not be opening its doors today,” the technicians said. Amigoe tried to obtain a confirmation from the company itself on the bankruptcy by telephone this morning, but to no avail.

The press had frequently reported on a bankruptcy of Morgan’s Island. The water park, located on Sasakiweg and known for its huge colored chutes, had celebrated its anniversary in November last year. Tony Ponson, the manager of the park, had admitted at that time that the park ‘had seen on- and off-months’, but he was positive about the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123