Aruba Beach

Thread: Natural Pool: Any other way?

Natural Pool: Any other way?

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Aruba soon and had a question about getting to the natural pool. After a lot of research, we have decided we are not going to attempt to drive there ourselves but we are still renting a car to visit other places on the island, so we didn't want to take a tour there, either.

I read a lot about people getting to the natural pool via horseback so I thought maybe there could be an easy place to get to that you can safely park at and then walk/hike to the natural pool. We don't mind a long walk. Any suggestions, and if there is a place to park and walk, about how far of a walk would it be?

Thanks!

Arrow

From the main road figure about 2 miles each way.

Here is a map of Arikok National Park

If you do decide to hike, bring plenty of water, wear strong sunscreen as well as a hat which will give you good coverage.

If you did not want to venture there by horseback and chose not to hike, there are also
    4 x 4 tours.

Ideally if you do not want to hike there and only wanted to go to the Natural Pool, I would book a private jeep/4 x 4 tour and maximize your time.

I heard that the government of Aruba just fix the road to the Natural pool, look for the sign that say CONCHI, and local people are known by their friendliness, they will show you the way to the Natural pool.

Aruba since 1979
    hey bully

when you say they "fixed the road", do you mean it is now easier for off road vehicles or a real road is put in for cars?
    cars???? i cannot imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    I heard that the government of Aruba just fix the road to the Natural pool, look for the sign that say CONCHI, and local people are known by their friendliness, they will show you the way to the Natural pool.

Hi Andrea, they fill the road with sand and if you drive slowly with a small car you will reach the Natural pool.

Aruba since 1979
    I am shocked.
    Hope in 5 yrs they do not regret that road.