Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural Pool, etc. on the cheap

Natural Pool, etc. on the cheap

I'm thrilled to be coming back to Aruba in two days! We were last there four years ago and would like to see sights we didn't get to see last time. I've only just heard of the Natural Pool while browsing around on the forum. I have a family of five and cannot afford the tour prices. Is there a way to visit without going on a tour?

And, while I'm here...what else might we do on the cheap? Right now, we plan to snorkle at walk-in sites and suck up as much sun as our skin can hold...

Thanks! this site as been unbelievably helpful.

The only way to get to the Natural Pool without going through a tour is to drive yourself, rent your own ATV or hike in.

Based upon past experience:

1. Would not drive a rental vehicle due to potential damage to the vehicle. Insurance would not cover you because you were "off road".
    People sometimes ask how easy, or how difficult it is to drive on their own to the Natural Pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKB1jSWXij0 notice about 1:27 into the video the rear right tire of the vehicle coming up entirely off of the ground?
    2. Did the ATV tour and was the adventure of a lifetime, but probably not the safest thing in the world.

3. From 20 trips to Aruba, if you hike, it will be long and very very hot. Downhill all the way in and uphill all of the way out

Some more info
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/natural%20pool.html

Okie doke, then, sounds like we'll just pass that up! Ah well, plenty more to see and do. We'll have to ATV in sometime when we have more cash to throw around.

Aruba since 1979
    Natural pool is one of the places i recommend to do ONLY on a tour.
    Yes, it can be done by renting a jeep.
    But, if something breaks/damaged on the jeep or 4x4 vehicle then you, the renter are responsible.

Maybe MADI tour would be more affordable.
    http://madimagicaltours.com/

Snorkeling at the walk in from shore sites are excellent!!!
    Beach, shore snorkeling, and maybe a MAdi tour could be just what works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by SixGables View Post
    I'm thrilled to be coming back to Aruba in two days! We were last there four years ago and would like to see sights we didn't get to see last time. I've only just heard of the Natural Pool while browsing around on the forum. I have a family of five and cannot afford the tour prices. Is there a way to visit without going on a tour?

And, while I'm here...what else might we do on the cheap? Right now, we plan to snorkle at walk-in sites and suck up as much sun as our skin can hold...

Thanks! this site as been unbelievably helpful.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks! We'll be sure to check Madi out. I've sent an email to Cerry already. We're a group of 9, though, so we don't fit into his truck. :O)

I would contact a small tour operator like Kini Kini http://www.kinikinitours.com/ and get a price on getting your group to the Natural Pool. If you only want to go there without other stops, the per person cost in the long run might be less expensive than you think.

Thank you all for your help. This board is but one more thing to love about Aruba!

I have over 15 years of experience off-roading and would rate the trip to the Natural Pool an 8 (1-10, ten being the most difficult). My fiance and I rented a jeep and it took us almost two hours to get there, (Well worth the trip) but there were several times when I had some concerns if we were going to make it without A. damaging the jeep and B. getting a flat tire.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonAK View Post
    I have over 15 years of experience off-roading and would rate the trip to the Natural Pool an 8 (1-10, ten being the most difficult). My fiance and I rented a jeep and it took us almost two hours to get there, (Well worth the trip) but there were several times when I had some concerns if we were going to make it without A. damaging the jeep and B. getting a flat tire.

I will be there Sat as well My friend and I are also doing the natural pool tour and the kukoo on Thurs. That isnt a bad price considering dinner is also included and a few drinks. Ive done it before and have had a good time in the past If you book online before you go you save a few $$

Aruba since 1979
    if renting a jeep and going on a self guided tour to the natural pool
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    check your jeep rental contract.
    is it allowed?
    if you trash / wreck the JEEP out there on the tough terrain are you breaking the contract with the jeep rental company?

it could pose a HUGE problem.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BostonAK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast