Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: natural pool jeep ride

natural pool jeep ride

this is our 4th trip down, this year we are thinking of doing the natural pool. I hear it is a rough ride. Is it that bad if i rent my own jeep? dont like the tours cause i dont like having time limits on how long i can stay.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    It IS a tough ride. Do not be in a rush as you will need to go slow once you get off the main dirt road. I always rent my own jeep and have been everywhere on the Island. Just make sure you have good tires ( and check the spare! )

How much experience do you have driving off road? Even the trail that people use is essentially cross country driving, not something I would suggest if you haven't done it before. It is very easy to puncture a tire or gas tank on a larger rock.

Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKB1jSWXij0 beginning at 1:21 and then decide whether you want the responsibility.

We did it last year.. Definitely some hairy spots but it was a whole lot of fun! The natural pool is great!

We have done it a couple times. I wouldn't want to be the driver but my husband did fine just take your time. We love it there!

When we went we rented a jeep and happened to find a tour on it's way to the Natural Pool. The best part of the tour guide is that they know the best route to take on the rough terrain. Even if it's the left side as opposed to the right side of the road, it's nice to be able to follow their lead. I personally would not drive it myself, but my sister in law did a great job driving.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I agree with Chadd about having 4 wheel driving experience - I think that is a must. We used to trail ride some when I was younger in trucks/jeeps but I still wouldn't be comfortable going on our own. If you have a problem, like flat tire, broken axle (yea its that rough), do you really want to spend hours of your vacation in the hot sun dealing with it or stressing over it, or do you just want the tour guide and tour company to take care of it?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Was just there earlier today. Easy to get there and never was I a place where I felt I needed to put e jeep in 4WD. Go and have fun.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Really?? you did not have to use 4wd at all?

were you on a tour or did you rent a jeep and go out on your own?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydave View Post
    Was just there earlier today. Easy to get there and never was I a place where I felt I needed to put e jeep in 4WD. Go and have fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast