Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Natural Pool with Madi -- don't miss!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's

Natural Pool with Madi -- don't miss!

Just returned from two perfect weeks in Aruba!
    The highpoint of the trip for me was going to the Natural Pool with Madi -- she will pick you up, or, in our case, we drove to her house and met her there. What an absolutely amazing woman! She has been going to the Nat'l Pool since she was a child and walked 2 miles to get there, and is full of so much information. Her love of the island, especially "the other side" is obvious, and her enthusiasm is overwhelming and very contagious! She even sang us songs in Papiamento! What a trip we had to the pool in her red Willy's Jeep! and a wonderful swim too! Her contact info is 746-1397 or 749-9414, or email reachitmadi@hotmail.com Don't miss this experience!

***NOTE: MADI'S EMAIL WAS HACKED -- YOU CAN PM HER HERE ON THE FORUM AS SHE'S A MEMBER OR PM ME FOR HER NEW EMAIL*********

Last edited by Windy; 10-11-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Winder, this is the first I heard about Madi; is this a business that she does? How long is the tour and how much does she charge. I would love to do this because I love hearing from the locals especially when they have lived there a very long time and have the history to share.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Hi Lisa -- yes, this is a business that she has -- we paid $25 each by meeting her at her place. It's $50 if she picks you up at your hotel. The other tours are $95? each and hers is by far better than what we saw!!!! She is someone you'll never forget!

Aruba since 1979
    she charges $25 for a hotel pick up?????
    that is ludicrous.
    most tour companies and activity places pick folks up at the resort as complimentary (tips appreciated).

Quote Originally Posted by winder View Post
    Hi Lisa -- yes, this is a business that she has -- we paid $25 each by meeting her at her place. It's $50 if she picks you up at your hotel. The other tours are $95? each and hers is by far better than what we saw!!!! She is someone you'll never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    she charges $25 for a hotel pick up?????
    that is ludicrous.
    most tour companies and activity places pick folks up at the resort as complimentary (tips appreciated).
    Oops -- didn't include all the details!
    The $50 includes pickup and a 5 hour tour!!
    We spent 2 - 3 hours with her (she took us to some other spots -- including two awesome blowholes, cave drawings at the Iron Rocks, and other places along the coast, and paid $25 each -- might have been less, but to us it was worth at least that. If she were to just take us down to the pool I think it was going to be $15 each.

Aruba since 1979
    i understand.
    but, you saved $25 each by going out to her place to begin with.
    if she had picked you up at the resort it would have been $25pp additional.

i am not commenting on the tour pricing what i am commenting on is the $25 each if one needs transp to and from the tour location.

no getting around it, the transportation by her out to her place is steep.

Her prices seemed pretty "loose" when we called -- I think it all depends on how much you want to do!

Junior Member mandylovestotravel's Avatar
    Great to know! How did you hear about her? Did you book before getting to Aruba?

So she will take you straight to the Natural Pool? I have looking for a tour like this since we will see many of the other sites on our own with a rental car. Does she have a website? I will try to email here to get info as well...

Thanks for replying with the information. I think I am unsure at this point.
    Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by mandylovestotravel View Post
    Great to know! How did you hear about her? Did you book before getting to Aruba?

So she will take you straight to the Natural Pool? I have looking for a tour like this since we will see many of the other sites on our own with a rental car. Does she have a website? I will try to email here to get info as well...
    Yes, she will take you directly there, and other remote places as well. She even had a snorkel to let my husband use!
    We read about her in our daily morning paper at the hotel. (she has a weekly? column) Called her up, and went that day! Her tales of her youth on the island and growing up there really made the trip extra special! She has also lived in Holland, sold emeralds on St. Thomas -- very interesting.
    I'll be posting pictures in the next day or two!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast