Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swagmaster

Thread: Navigating Arikok Park

Navigating Arikok Park

Will be out in June, and want to drive out through the park. We are renting one of those 12 person vans (they call them small buses) and was curious if the roads back there were okay for that vehicle. Not doing the natural pool or anything, but mostly stay on the gravel roads that they mark on the maps. We would like to see the caves and such.

Thoughts?

Aruba since 1979
    hmm i don't know.
    we have maneuvered the paved road section of the arikok, but were always in a small sedan...yaris, accent, tercel.
    the roads are narrow with many speed humps. i do not know how a passenger van (12) would do. i think ok, but the roads are narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster View Post
    Will be out in June, and want to drive out through the park. We are renting one of those 12 person vans (they call them small buses) and was curious if the roads back there were okay for that vehicle. Not doing the natural pool or anything, but mostly stay on the gravel roads that they mark on the maps. We would like to see the caves and such.

Thoughts?

Road is narrow, but I think you will be okay Thom. Taxi drivers take their vans through on the paved roads.

Thanks Andrea and Lisa, 24 Days!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/arikok-national-park
    hope that when you return from Aruba that you get to post a trip report and a few photos.
    especially of your Arikok adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster View Post

Thoughts?