Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a massage on a budget

Need a massage on a budget

Hello all,

I'm leaving to Aruba in a week 1/2 but going on a budget. I would really like to visit a spa or a simple place where I can get a good massage, but the hotels are very expensive. Can you recommend a place that's off the tourist path or a place that locals go to that may be more reasonably priced? I'm even open to a local resident who will go to your hotel room for a cash payment. Your thoughts folks, I'm open to suggestions.

Many thanks!

Lots of info

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/massage.html

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/nafanny.html Nafanny sounds to be about the least expensive

http://www.nafanny.com/services.htm
    Back Massage ($40 30 minutes): A combination of Swedish and Sport massage, concentrating on the back. Whether it's a simple shoulder rub or a deep massage on the upper and lower back, a back massage is a great way to relieve stress and optimize relaxation.

We just had massages by Nafanny - she is awesome - I think a 50 min. swedish is $60 or $70. Plus, she will pick you up at your hotel for free and drive you roundtrip to her spa, which is in her beautiful backyard. I can still hear the distant crow of a rooster and the breeze outside the window from that massage.

Aruba since 1979
    i have friends that live on island and swear by nafanny!!

My girlfriend and I did a couple's massage with Nafanny. It basically cost double the $70. I changed the time of the reservations several times on her, due to conflicts with other events we got involved in, but she didn't seem to have any problem working with us. The massage takes place in a building behind her house. There is also a sheltered area with a couch and desk, where she conducts business. This was my first professional massage and I believe it was done quite well. There was a little pain involved, but it eased up after I mentioned the discomfort. I wouldn't have a problem with going back, if I desired a massage.

Mango Halto, East Coast jeep riding, Palm Beach
    Just had NaFanny come to a private home we rented and the girls loved it. She was very reasonable and very professional.

Wow, I been planning and reading past post and finally decided on NaFanny for a couple massage. Did not know she will come to you. Oh how awesome this will be. Thanks for the tip Trip.

Aruba since 1979
    make sure you post a review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathey View Post
    Wow, I been planning and reading past post and finally decided on NaFanny for a couple massage. Did not know she will come to you. Oh how awesome this will be. Thanks for the tip Trip.

Not that Nafanny wants to drive everyone to the store, but my husband's back went out the day before his appointment, and not only did she drive him round trip to the spa and back, but she took him somewhere where he could purchase a back brace - something we could have NEVER found on the island alone. Sounds like the people in the store didn't even really speak english, and there was only one back brace hidden on the bottom of a shelf. Once they figured out what he wanted, he got the only one and it fit - thank God! We so appreciated that, because he could barely walk from the pain, and it helped a lot.

Andrea I will, I e-mailed her last night after I posted.
    I chose NaFanny because she is a local with her own business and her rave reviews and attention to detail. I'll be sure to post when we get back in September.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast