Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new water park?

Excuse me if I seem a little dumb here, but, when on the island of Aruba, it would seem to me that you're surrounded by the biggest waterpark you could ever want.

I guess looking for water to play in while by the ocean is like going to an all-inclusive resort and going out for donuts for breakfast.

If it's all at your doorstep for free, why go running off to pay for it?

Or maybe that's just me....

be well, brightest of blessings

Mr. Ratt
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Excuse me if I seem a little dumb here, but, when on the island of Aruba, it would seem to me that you're surrounded by the biggest waterpark you could ever want. Mr. Ratt
    You are absolutely correct. Our family will not be participating. We have a large waterpark within a 40 minute drive of our home here in the states and the cost of entry is much cheaper than a plane ticket to Aruba.

With that being said, we also live too far away from the ocean here to spend a precious day in Aruba at a waterpark when we can be enjoying all the ocean has to offer. I am sure the Arubans will appreciate and enjoy the waterpark though and all it will have to offer.

waterpark

I've heard that the waterpark could be open by as soon as March 2008 and that work is progressing quite rapidly at this point.

We are regular and frequent visitors to Aruba and I must say, we're looking forward to the waterpark opening. It makes a change of pace from the beach and the pools, and it will certainly be an interesting attraction for the local Aruban people.

Water parks in our neck of the woods can only be open for about 5 months of the year and do most of their business in only about a 10 week period. A waterpark in Aruba can be busy 365 days of the year so it seems a financially viable operation. There are also lots of young families visiting the island who might enjoy a day of perfect weather at a water park.

At home we have to drive for half an hour to get to a good water park, and we've had to cancel plans to do so because of rain on various occasions. We'll be able to walk to this one, and the chances of getting rained out are slim to nil.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Smile

We love the beaches of Aruba, but waterparks are a real fun place to act like a kid again.

coronacathy
    Mr. Ratt
    I am staying at an AI and we will venture out for a few meals. Its still cheaper for us than buying all our meals out. Plus we LOVE to enjoy cocktails while vacationing and its nice to not have to pay for those at the AI. No we are not the drunks you claim to see all over the island. We are on vacation & want to have fun just like MOST of the other tourists.
    The waterparks are a nice change of pace for some people. Especially those with children. Yes its a beautiful beach and personally waterparks don't interest me, but children get bored with being at the beach all the time. Keep an open mind. You are one person.
    Have a Great Day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12