Aruba Beach

Thread: New water-park at Hooiberg

New water-park at Hooiberg

"New water-park at Hooiberg
    22 Jul, 2008, 17:54 (GMT -04:00) Amigoe English
    http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_44777.php

ORANJESTAD – In the nature reserve at the Hooiberg a new water-park [http://www.arubahaystack.com/en/welcome.html link to page with artistic rendering] is being built. On the terrain of Aruba Vacation Park, also known as Haystack Residence, the construction of the water-paradise is in full force.

The water-park will be located south of the Hooiberg in the direction of Santa Cruz. Apart from various large swimming pools, long slides, a theme-playground for children, and a wild-water course, it will also have a restaurant, fitness room and training circuit in the midst of the Aruban nature reserve.

According to the company’s website the water-park will be ready towards the end of May, but a lot of work is still being done on it.

Owner Luis van Galen did not want to comment on it as there’re currently too many ‘Indian tales’ being circulated in the media. ‘I only want correct information to be publicized and at the moment I have no need for publicity”, said the owner.

The construction of the water-park is the last phase of the ‘master plan’ for the expansion of the Aruba Vacation Park. With this plan the development and the expansion of the in total 220.000 square meter terrain will be delivered in phases. In the first three phases the number of rental and purchase homes will be considerably expanded. According to the company phase one is already finished. Architect Bert Kamsteeg is one of the persons responsible for the design of the different free standing, duplex villa’s and apartments which will be placed on the market after finalizing phase three.

Aruba Vacation Park has had fully furnished apartments and villa’s for short or long term lease for more than twelve years already. The Dutch owner Van Galen has more than 35 years of experience in consulting and the development of real estate. Van Galen has been living with his family in the Aruba Villa Cas Koraal 1, at the entrance of the Aruba Vacation park, since 1995 and holds a daily watch on the lock, stock and barrel of the vacation park.

Morgan's Island
    The water-park of the Aruba Vacation Park, Haystack Residence will be the third water-park on the island, after the Blue Parrotfish water-park on De Palm Island and Parke Arawa at Moko. The construction of the ‘biggest water-park in the Caribbean’, Morgan’s Island water-park on Eagle has as yet not been finished.

Its construction started in 2005 and was at first said to be ready by 2006. The opening date was then moved to the fall, but until this day its construction hasn’t been finalized. Exploiter of the water-park, Impact, is located at Savaneta, at the home address of managing director Yolanda Croes-Tromp. She was not available for comments about the development of the project. Apart from slides, wild-water courses, waterfalls, swimming pools and roller coasters, the park will also have a shopping mall, four restaurants, a spa and a beach. In the water visitors can dive, seeing as it will be furnished with coral, fish and other marine life. The water-park rising up next to La Cabana resort, stands on more than 7500 square meters of land. The construction is in the hands of the company Aquatika, which has already built more than 1500 similar parks worldwide. It is not known when the park will be ready. As soon as it’s finished, it will offer jobs to about 120 people."

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Well, another water park...i'm going to be a bit snide and not nice....do they really need another one? (IMOP it looks already run down, bad, right?) Maybe 2 yrs for this one?
    i know this isn't very nice of me, but, jes, how many do they need on the island? Do people think this out? I know we will never go to any of them, to many at home that are way better...6 Flags & Water Country
    Thanks for the info Lisa...

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I know we will never go to any of them, to many at home that are way better...6 Flags & Water Country
    Thanks for the info Lisa...
    We will not be patronizing any of the waterparks either. If we wished to visit waterparks we would stay home. We go to Aruba for the beach. I am sure though that there will be plenty of Arubans spending their money visiting the waterparks, keeping in mind that I doubt they will pay as much as tourists will be expected to charge. Not saying that is wrong, just the way it is. Some restaurants on the island have the same policy. Just the way it is.

It irks me to no end that dd spends all of her time in the swimming pool as it is. Dh allows it saying her NOT being miserable keeps us happy. Whatever! I just call it spoiled.

I think we also would not visit the waterparks,,,,,I live about an hour away from Pittsburgh and there are so many so close that I would go to if I had the urge......I think Arubalisa is correct in assuming that the Arubans will be visiting it more than anyone.....they live with the ocean and beaches that we crave everyday and so the park would be a welcome change for them....
    However, last year there we 4 adult women going down the slide at Divi constantly, acting all silly and stuff and obviously having a hell of a good time....now I am not naming names, but one of them might be typing this message right now,,,,,!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    now I am not naming names, but one of them might be typing this message right now,,,,,!!!!
    Our little daredevil!

The one that decided after the atv crash that maybe there is some things that should be left to the "younguns"..........
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    maybe the arubans "want" another water park.
    i cannot fathom why..............
    but, it is their prerogrative

a waterpark in that area is not in the tourist area, so maybe it is going to be more earmarked for the residents
    or not

I'm afraid we will have to wait years before this waterparks opens