Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Night snorkel, or possibly dive

Night snorkel, or possibly dive

Has anyone done a night snorkel in Aruba? If so, where and was it a tour? I thought I remembered Aruba Bob (Kent) saying something about doing a night snorkel but I don't see anything on his site. And I am truly "asking for a friend" here. I am a complete scaredy-cat. Jon is interested in going at night but we both have enough respect for the water not to go it alone. He would also consider a night dive - which would be my preference so I wouldn't have to go

Aruba since 1979
    paul, kevin and i did a night dive......Jane Sea........probably in 2001 or so.
    i was terrified.
    never again.
    we went out with Unique or maybe it was Pelican...I think Unique bought out Pelican.
    Kevin loved it.
    Paul and me, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Has anyone done a night snorkel in Aruba? If so, where and was it a tour? I thought I remembered Aruba Bob (Kent) saying something about doing a night snorkel but I don't see anything on his site. And I am truly "asking for a friend" here. I am a complete scaredy-cat. Jon is interested in going at night but we both have enough respect for the water not to go it alone. He would also consider a night dive - which would be my preference so I wouldn't have to go

This is how the Stephen King movie always starts.

Heard back from Aruba Bob Snorkeling (great, fast communication as always). Here was the response in case anyone else is interested "We only do them seasonally.
    We take a person in the daytime first and then schedule them for a night tour from there.
    Please let me know if you have any questions "

Clarification - seasonal night tours begin the end of December
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 10-16-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    paul, kevin and i did a night dive......Jane Sea........probably in 2001 or so.
    i was terrified.
    never again.
    we went out with Unique or maybe it was Pelican...I think Unique bought out Pelican.
    Kevin loved it.
    Paul and me, not so much.
    I"m with you, I think I would be terrified. I won't even dive in the day time, so night is definitely out. I think I will focus on finding him a dive, so I don't even have to think about going.

There is ZERO chance I would go in the water at night let alone snorkel or dive as I too am terrified of what I can't see. I have a healthy respect for the ocean and if I can't see what could be near me....I don't go in the water, never! Its the another reason I love the area at the Ritz as I can wade out 100s of yards and see everything very clearly.

I"m with you, I think I would be terrified. I won't even dive in the day time, so night is definitely out. I think I will focus on finding him a dive, so I don't even have to think about going.

Big props from me too. There is no way I could do that!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Have you seen the movie Jaws??

Never tried diving but a night snorkeling swim sounds very interesting to me

Sorry its been a LOOOONG time since I have posted. We have a lot of changes in Indiana with our Son buying the lawn business and our house. So in 3 weeks, we will be moving and making a big change!! Its a good change!!! I will be in Aruba 1 month later this year, but I have to be around for the BIG move. I will be there from Dec 11 thru March 28th. As far as the night snorkeling, I have to be honest with everyone. Night time snorkeling is my favorite!!! It sounds scarey but we have big led lights and its like having a few sets of car lights under the water with you. Everything you see at night is a lot different than during the day. The lobsters are out at night. The squid, sea urchins, shrimp, and you are a lot more likely to see turtles, manta rays, eels and other cool things. Everyone is a lot nervous when we get in but after 10 minutes, they calm down and really enjoy the tour. We don't do a lot of night time tours but we have to take you out first during the day so we can see how you are in the water and also you can get a feel for the scooters. We really are picky on the conditions at night because if its not calm and clear, we will not go out. We normally call the shot after our morning tour, weather we are going to go out that night or not. You really need to be adventurous to go out in the ocean at night, but its a great feeling when you do it. I am sorry that I have been off the boards for most of this year, but I should be available a lot more now. Our Grandson is going to be 2 on New Years Eve and he is running around like his head is cut off!!!! Hope he can snorkel as good as he can run. Take care. Aruba Bob
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast