Aruba Beach

Thread: Off the Beaten Path....

Off the Beaten Path....

So the family is going to our new favorite place in a few weeks (June 6-14th). We spent mornings walking, snorkeling. Afternoons around the Lazy River and beach and evenings heading to dinner.

This year, staying at same place (Surf Club) and renting a 4 door jeep wrangler. Travels last year were between our resort and light house for our diving adventures, baby beach and some restaurants closer to downtown.

If we want to get a bit adventurous, where should we go? Boca Prins? Arikok National Park?

Thanks for your input!

Ted

Dos Playa is close by Boco Prins. It is one of our favorite spots.

The drive along that area - from Boco Prins to the big anchor (by Baby Beach) is fantastic.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Some suggestions:

Yes... Boco Prinz.
    Rogers Beach.
    Back roads leading to the Gold Mine & Bridge.
    Follow the coast from the Balashi Brewery down to San Nicolas and Charlies Bar.
    Alto Vista.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

If you have become an Aruba addict, a good investment may be the Borch map.

http://www.caribmart.com/arubamapbybb.html
    http://www.amazon.com/Laminated-Aruba-Map-Borch/dp/386609342X

Thanks all. Map ordered.

Ted

I find the map in the "Aruba Experience" is sufficient. It is free in all lobbies at the hotels.
    Tom & Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    I find the map in the "Aruba Experience" is sufficient. It is free in all lobbies at the hotels.
    The only problem I've had is getting to the Natural pool and part of that could just be having my wife navigate. Usually I can get us pretty close and we end up stumbling on to the place we were looking for.

Yeah, the only good female navigator is a GPS with a female voice... (just teasing)

Only problem I cannot find any maps for my various electronic companions. I have a MIO, HP 310 and a Magellan 1412..
    Last edited by thadius65; 05-21-2009 at 08:25 AM.

I have separate directions for the natural pool. As we only have a car in Aruba, we don't go. I usually recommend a tour to the pool - Jeep, ATV, or horses.

The last couple times we rented a Jeep, the agency said the insurance would not cover any damages if the vehicle was used if a few areas, including the Natural Pool. It was in the rental contract. This was Amegio a little over 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The only problem I've had is getting to the Natural pool and part of that could just be having my wife navigate. Usually I can get us pretty close and we end up stumbling on to the place we were looking for.
    Tom & Karen

Aruba since 1979
    you hit the nail on the head!
    the rental agreements in fine print and in regular print say the insurance is null and void if one takes the vehicle and it is damaged in those areas such as the natural pool.
    i always recommend that folks go to those somewhat remote and rough locations on a tour.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    I have separate directions for the natural pool. As we only have a car in Aruba, we don't go. I usually recommend a tour to the pool - Jeep, ATV, or horses.

The last couple times we rented a Jeep, the agency said the insurance would not cover any damages if the vehicle was used if a few areas, including the Natural Pool. It was in the rental contract. This was Amegio a little over 2 years ago.