Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: off road vehicle?

off road vehicle?

Ok what I am looking for is a off road vehicle that I can rent (not part of a tour). that can be taken to the natural pool etc. Preferably a ATV or dune buggy style. I did look at the forums and I have looked at many rental places but it looks like most just have tour packages.

Dont get me wrong tours are great but I have already done the tour one year and the next rented a jeep and gone to the pool just the 4 of us. I own a jeep at home and off-road often so I trust my skills on rough terrain. This site gogreenzebra dot com is a perfect example of the type a vehicle I would like to rent but this site is a perfect example of one offering tours only

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I did not pay much attention this year, but for a number of years they have been renting 4-wheelers next to Smokey Joe's. You actually pick them up at a location just off LG Smith. No tour involved.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

George's All Terrain Vehicles Scooters & Motorcycles
    http://www.georgecycles.com/
    Motorcycles, Motor Scooters & ATV's-Renting & Leasing
    L G Smith Blvd 124 O'Stad
    297-593-2202
    Facsimile
    297-588-9792

Melchor Cycle Rental
    Motorcycles, Motor Scooters & ATV's-Renting & Leasing
    Bubali 106B Noord
    297-587-3448
    Facsimile
    297-587-5203

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    last year we rented from george"s no tour. we rode up to the light house along the back side of the island to baby beach and back to georges in a half day tour with a few stops.

So Georges allows you to go to the natural pool etc? i noticed alot of companies now say No Natural pool.

Aruba since 1979
    Jeep rental for Natural Pool
    check out this thread too click above link

Even on an ATV the "path" to the Natural Pool is treacherous on a good day. Been there done that , stick with a 4 x 4. At least you have more protection around you.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We have found asking the bartenders at the resorts sometimes is very beneficial. They sometimes can give you tips on where to buy and rent items on the island. On one of our trips to Aruba,a bartender got us an unbelievable low price on a rental car.
    Good Luck and have a wonderful vacation.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    In a recent email from Madi, who does tours to the Natural Pool, she said that the
    "road" there has been damaged from all the recent rain, and I thought it was pretty treacherous last March! Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    check out this thread too click above link

I looked through that thread but it seams to just suggest taking a tour rather than giving information on vehicles that are rent-able that are also allowed on that side of the island or was that the point?

I do respect all the suggestions to just take a tour but I really am experienced in navigating rough terrain. I also know when an obstacle is beyond my experience and have no problem turning back rather than risking life or vehicle.

Thanks for all the info everyone, I really do appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast