Aruba Beach

Thread: Oranjestad Grand Carnival Parade

Oranjestad Grand Carnival Parade

We're planning to attend the 2001 Grand Carnival Parade in Oranjestad. Anyone who has previously attended have any suggestions with regard to viewing? Any locations better than others? How long does it last? Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Last time I watched that parade I was standing outside Cafe Chaos downtown. Their location is in my opinion great, because it is on a corner, which gives you some "breathing space", and also, if you are standing in the stairs you get a better view.

Drinks are sold outside as well as inside the bar, and you are conveniently close to a restroom The parade lasts for many hours!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We went to the parade last year, or we tried. We got downtown around noon and hung out until almost 4:30. The parade never came. There were TONS of people there (including cruise ship passengers). We were hot and tired of waiting so we left. I'm not sure what time the parade actually passed through downtown, but we heard a lot of noise while we were having dinner at Divi Village. Our server said they were probably passing though town then. We were also told that they stop and picnic and visit along the way. Good luck. We'll be down there during that time again this year, but we won't try to go. We were also told by several people from Aruba that there is a lot of serious drinking going on that day and they don't take their families anymore.

Have been advised via PM that is best to take up a position close to the beginning of the parade. Believe that is Wihemina (sp?) Park.

Thanks for your replies.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD