Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By chrisnwillie

Thread: Palm Beach/Hoiday Inn fishing

Palm Beach/Hoiday Inn fishing

I see there's a multiple fishing threads, but I just wanted to make a specific one on the Holiday Inn/Palm Beach shore fishing. I've read in numerous places that there's good fishing from shore at that location specifically and I was wondering if anyone has any further info on exactly where near the Holiday Inn people fish?

Here's a thread from another message board about this subject - user chrisnwillie provides a lot of information, but the site for some reason is not allowing me to register and message chrisnwillie. Is anyone a member of that board who could pass on my contact info, or know if chrisnwillie is a member on here?
    http://bb.visitaruba.com/f2/shore-fi...-rentals-6628/
    " using a variety of silver and gold "spoons" with white tails (plastic) thru one of the hooks so it would give the spoon a little more action. We fished in front of PLBR and walked up past the Pelican Pier out onto the reef in front of the HI for 3 weeks straight and I bet we caught dozens of fish...no kidding."

^ the above is what I am in interested in

update - chrisnwillie is alsoa member of here and I msgd them - though they only have 3 posts here and many more on the other board, so if anyone knows of a more direct way to get in touch would still appreciate it

Aruba since 1979
    i contacted her and directed her to this thread.

Thank you! Look fwd to hearing from her.

Hi Kevin. We fish in front of the Holiday Inn/Playa Linda every March. If you are in front of the Holiday Inn, there is a reef about 50 yards directly out in the ocean in front of it. We walk out to the reef and fish off of it. Bring water shoes to do so. In front of Playa Linda, we shore fish but the action is not nearly as good as it is in front of the Holiday Inn.

We fish from just before dawn to about 8:30am. After that, there are people and boating activities that start. We have caught bonefish, snook, barracuda, etc. I have tons of photos of the fish we caught on FB.

Any questions, please just ask. If you want to see photos of the fishing, I will be happy to either email some or friend you on facebook.

Thank you! I'll send you a PM with my email address as I would love to see some photos of fish caught at the Holiday Inn and ask some follow-up questions if you don't mind.