Aruba Beach

Thread: Para-sailing with a child

On the beach with my bubba mug filled with Margarita or Balashi

Para-sailing with a child

Has anyone ever parasailed with their child? One of my children (9yrs) is showing interest in it, but I'm not sure how safe it is.
    Thanks

You could always go with your child (tandem). My niece (11 yrs) went by herself last summer in FL and loved it. I went last year in Aruba and it was a lot of fun; however, it was a pretty rough ride up there.

Aruba since 1979
    depending on the wind it can be very rough parasailing in aruba's sky.

yes it is allowed to tandem ride.
    i know there is a weight limit but do not know the limit.

my son was 9 when we rode tandem for the first time.
    he has since gone on his own numerous times. (he is now 23)

maybe you could write to one of the parasail companies and ask what they require.

Weight min. limit is 90 lbs.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse
    Ok call me too cautious but I would wait until you are somewhere in the states to take a ride like this. First, It is very windy in Aruba which I think can make for a bumpy wild ride. Secondly, I would be concerned if there was an accident resulting in injury. None of the water sports down there seem to be regulated and I think you are taking a risk. Recently, I read on the forum of a child who was badly injured while tubing down there. I was there in November and watching kids tube ,often times there was simply a driver pulling the tube.. no spotter. They were flying, winding in-out and around boats!! To dangerous for me!!! Sorry

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj123 View Post
    Has anyone ever parasailed with their child? One of my children (9yrs) is showing interest in it, but I'm not sure how safe it is.
    Thanks
    Sorry to say that would be the last thing I would do with my child. Just me...

We used Aruba Watersports last year and I think the combined weight for tandem was 250 lbs. I also believe they had a minimum weight requirement of 120 lbs. As stated in my previous post, it was a pretty rough ride.

Now I will first say that I don't have kids....
    but my husband and I have both been parasailing on the boat with "parasailing" on the side and we both had a great and safe trip. I went tandam parasailing with a girlfriend of mine and we had a great time. And then my husband and I went in 2006 seperately and we both had a good time. After our experiences, I wouldn't have any problem taking a mature and almost teen child on those trips. If I were going to do it, I would do it tandam. I can understand how it could be rough, but neither of our trips were rough. When you go up the wind will take you up and then you can feel yourself "falling" and then the wind will "jerk" you up again but I felt very comfortable in the harness. Tandam riding is fun because you can still talk/interact with each other and share the experience.
    Do what you will, but we had a good experience and depending on the child I would have no problem taking them tandam riding (but I'm not sure about single trips).

On the beach with my bubba mug filled with Margarita or Balashi
    Thanks for all your responses. Not sure if I will take her up. She's a thrill seeker (just like mom) - loves all types of rollercoasters, drop zones, etc. But obviously, safety comes first.
    11 days and counting!!!! Whoo hoo!