Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parasailing

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.

Parasailing

I know there are tents on the beach to choose from but has anyone here parasailed and who would you say to go with?
    Thanks!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by CasaHappy View Post
    I know there are tents on the beach to choose from but has anyone here parasailed and who would you say to go with?
    Thanks!
    Check out my pics in the gallery...my kids loved it. We used this place called Roberto's in front of Moomba Beach. What we liked was there was 4 guys working the boat, not one guy trying to do everything. 2 guys caught my daughters as they came in. Other boats we saw only were using 2 guys.
    The boat they used had the words PARASAILING across the side.
    Lots of fun for them, I couldn't do it!

We went or should I say my son and his friend went this past April. We used the guys in front of the Marriott Ocean Club. It was a boat decked out in purple. I was pretty impressed!

Thanks! We have used Roberto's for a private snorkel before so that may be an option and we will try in front of Marriott as well!
    Thanks again!

We used the hut in front of the Surf club which has flags. Aruba, US and Canada flags. The owners name is Jerry (he isn't always there but you can ask if the owner is Jerry). Our son has gone a few times with him. My DH was most impressed with them as one time a storm blew in as one person was parasailing. They handled it amazingly well. Very professional.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks, I will write that Location and Jerry's name down also.
    I have wanted to do this for many years now and feel it is time to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by CasaHappy View Post
    Thanks, I will write that Location and Jerry's name down also.
    I have wanted to do this for many years now and feel it is time to enjoy.
    If you use Jerry, tell him Randi from Canada recommended him!! He knows us well. As do his two guys that work for him (Giorgio and Alex). You can't miss the hut as it has lots of flags waving and its the first hut you come to from the Fishemran's Pier.

We like to go earlier in the day as the water is less crowded. Our son went in the morning which is less windy and not much boat traffic.

Have fun.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

What was the cost? It's one of the few things I haven't done down there and I just might on my next trip.

Thanks Randi!
    I will add those names to the info you provided. I like to call people by name. Sometimes it brightens their day to know the person that referred them even knew their names.

Also, the info on going in the morning is a big help. How early do you think they are there ready to go? I am a early riser. I have a morning swim around 6 AM. There are a few regulars on the beach drinking coffee waiting for their wives and maybe a few Grand children to join them later. The " Grand Pa's" always say "We are right here if you need us." I enjoy the calm water and the early fish around my feet.

When your son has went does he "land" back on the boat, or in the shallow water? I watched some video and it appears to be a soft landing on the boats? Any thoughts?

Also, have you went on the boat with him just as a passenger? Pete does not want to para sail but said he would like to video and take pictures?

Thanks so much for the info! I will be sure to post when we return.

My husband went and took pictures, so yes you can go in. Not sure where you land as I watch from shore. The hut usually opens around 9ish, we like to do the watersports somewhere between 10 and 11. After lunch the waterways get busy. If you know you want to go, make arrangements the day before for a parasail in the morning. My son went at 11am.

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast