Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Planning in advance or Winging it?

Bummer! We won't be there on a Tuesday.

My intense moment in Aruba was when the second jeep we rented broke down in the dunes. No cell phones and a long walk back to the Americana. No words were spoken. My husband was being an idiot in a jeep that didn't look like it had a lot of life left. We laugh about it today. Good memories in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    yes you can totally wing it! Some of my favorite excursion memories are the ones that started out as a trip to the grocery store that wound up being much longer, much more intense experiences

Andrea has some great advice there, especially re: shopping. Grab some of the Aruban culture too - hit the Bon Bini festival on a Tuesday night! http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/bon-bini-festival
    Last edited by Susan&Sunshine; 03-22-2017 at 06:20 PM.

All this is me! Glad to see so many wing it. I have met my people. The list is a plan B only if needed.

This is the kind of shopping I was thinking. Local stuff would be great. I will check out the Renaissance page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I'm all for the wing it attitude. Every trip I make a list and really never stick to it. I prefer not to make dinner reservations. That generally works out as we eat out early. I guess one exception would be when we go to Madame Janette I always make a reservation.

As for shopping, we have many high end stores here at home so I don't have as much interest BUT I just love poking in local artisan stores like Coscheca, downtown. Also, local vendors set up at the various resorts on certain days. At the Divi AI it's Tuesday and Thursday evenings. At the Renaissance they have pop up art events (check their Facebook page) and they also set up a on the sidewalk across from the Hilton in the high rise area.
    Last edited by Susan&Sunshine; 03-22-2017 at 06:17 PM.

The youngest is 15 and the other two are in college. Drinking age!

Quote Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
    How old are the kids? Under 15 I would do Depalma Island. They have the water park and other fun activities as well as all the food and drink you would want. Jolly Pirates or Tranquilo are good too.

I would book Jolly Pirates online, because I think you can get a discount. I would also do some kind of UTV tour or rent a jeep. The kids will meet others and make their own fun. Maybe wave runners. We mostly wing it, but do book online if it costs less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12