Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Please advise me of places to see and go.

Thank you all for all your replys!!! Do they have flea markets or farmer/island markets from the locals???? I think I'm going to rent a car.. I ordered a laminated map of the roads/paths etc.. I'm hoping the resorts allow parking. I was interested in a tour...until I realized it would be best to go at our convenience when my husband feels up to it... I can't guarantee a certain time ahead that he'd be 100 percent fine.. I'd love to go to the other side and see the sites of the caves/natural bridges and also the light house area and park. Any and ALL info is SO VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    yes there is a flea mkt every weekend on the boulevard down beyond certified supermarket........closer to the roundabout/rotary.

parking is along side the road.

yes the resorts have parking.

lots of the sites are definitely accessible by auto for you and your husband.
    alto vista chapel, light house, baby beach, gold mine ruins, donkey sanctuary, fallen down natural bridge, the paved road at arikok national park.
    you are wise to plan it or not to plan..let your husband give the thumbs up or down.

check out the "family vacations" and "getting around aruba" categories.

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    A car is a great way to go, and all of the sites (caves, lighthouse, bridge etc) have parking available. granted it might be on a patch of dirt but it's a parking spot nonetheless. We usually go with an SUV because we sometimes go off the beaten path and not all the roads are paved when you go exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by sfarmer View Post
    Also is there any merchant markets..with island made items for sale?
    Made In Aruba
    I bought a book while in NYC for his 3rd surgery on Aruba... it was at a well known large book store... they only had one... a very little book... I asked if they had another and the book store man stated..." little island...little book, no others on Aruba"
    Have you checked your local library?
    "Caribbean For Dummies" By Darwin Porter, Danforth Prince
    "Frommer's Portable Aruba" By Ken Lindley, Christina Colón

I did buy an underwater camera... are there any places with beautiful fish?

Snorkeling Information

Snorkeling from the Beach

First time to Aruba, Any Pointers??

I am going to Aruba in October 2011 for my Honeymoon. We are staying at the Occidental Grande, with the all inclusive package. I want to know things to do, things NOT to do, tips on getting around the Island, places to visit. Any pointers from the "Aruba Regulars" would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. We are so excited to go, and want to make it a trip to remember!

great hotel, many restaurant's, and all the happening club's are right across the street,
    senor frogs, confessions, and many other's all outside your door. island tour's are available, or just rent your own car,or jeep.
    make your dinner reservations with guest services as soon as you arrive!!
    the only not to do, in my opinion, the water sport's are not very safe.
    when in oct will you be there? i'll be at the occidental oct 8th

Have a great time on your honeymoon!
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Three things to bring with you: a good sun screen, bug spray, and an itch relief gel. . . . Other than those, shorts, t-shirts and sandals. Hope you have a great time and enjoy our island. . . . .

Tom and Stanley

Regarding the itch relief you will probably need this if you spend much time away from the hotel as you will probably get bitten (I only got bitten about 10 times in 2 weeks though). At the hotel however the Occidental has the benefit of numerous iguanas roaming around the pool area which eat the bugs so you dont get bitten.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast