Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Please be careful snorkeling

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting that lisa!!
    the line is perfect.

note the people in the photo outside the line where there is a break in the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I drew a line across the do not cross out of the "bowl" section.

According to ESPN Roundfield was an NBA All Star and played for several teams including Atlanta Hawks before he retired after 11 seasons

i just saw this and its so sad.....seems like such a safe thing to do in a safe place....it is deceptive. i have to believe that the storm that just went thru didnt help the currents.

hey mark!! hope your well!!! we are taking mom back to aruba next week and she was asking about you!

Unhappy some tragic news/Baby Beach Drowning

please remember to be very careful when swimming in Aruba........

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1131444

RIP

Very sad.

Much better snorkeling at Mangel Halto and Arishi. Seems to be safer environment. There is a nice beach area where the Octopus and other snorkel trips take their passengers. This was the best area we found this July.

Baby Beach is not what it used to be. So crowded and people are tempted to go outside the safe area.

From what I read, the former basketball player who drowned was found with his feet caught between some rocks. He was a former athlete and probably a strong swimmer but if a wave slams you against a rock or you get your feet stuck between some rocks, I can see how you can easily drown.

My childhood friend drowned in Asbury Park, NJ back in 2003 boggie boarding and he was a body builder and swimmer. A rip tide took him away and slammed him hard on the bottom so he lost conscience and drowned.

We were just talking about taking my 6 year old grandson snorkeling next week at Baby Beach. He finally was getting the hang of it in the pool. I think we wil wait for our next trip. We are nearing the end of three weeks here at La Cabana. One more week to go. Very restful so far. (It would probably be more restful witout a 4 and 6 year old along ... haha)

Aruba since 1979
    oh that is unfortunate that this drowning may be keeping you away.

the shallow area there inside the bowl is really wonderful for kids learning to swim and to snorkel.

hope that your time are lacabana continues to be fun!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    We were just talking about taking my 6 year old grandson snorkeling next week at Baby Beach. He finally was getting the hang of it in the pool. I think we wil wait for our next trip. We are nearing the end of three weeks here at La Cabana. One more week to go. Very restful so far. (It would probably be more restful witout a 4 and 6 year old along ... haha)

I have to thank you all for all the information! I am so glad I found this bulletin board and the other one. I'm so much more informed and feel better about the things I want to do on my trip now! I still want to go snorkeling and I've never been, I just know what I can and can't do.

As a newbie and first timer in Aruba I so appreciate the time you all take to give the best advice!0

Pam

Dan Roundfield

I heard of a drowning of a former NBA player Dan Roundfield in Aruba last week. Can anyone verify or provide details?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast