Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Please be careful snorkeling

www.aruba.com/forum/f10/please-careful-snorkeling-45917/#post231098

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Baby Beach... again ...

Dan Roundfield drowns in Aruba

He and his wife went outside the opening and out into open waters. Roundfield saved his wife and was swept away by the currents.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE AWARE

There are plenty of safe places to snorkel in Aruba which are much less treacherous.

Just me, I would never dive there, never mind snorkel I would not even snorkel anywhere near the opening, just too risky that the current and waves will suck you out.

charles said it best

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    I had never snorkeled before going to Aruba, and I'm a quite poor swimmer, so I would never go to the water without a life vest.

When Stuart showed us the two models he had, one that could be deflated in case you wanted to go underwater for some time, and another one that keeps you afloat no matter what, my wife (who's a good swimmer) and I chose the safest option. And when we took the Jolly Pirates tour, staff required us to wear the life vest only when we were near the Antilla, and said that vests weren't mandatory on the other two sites, but I kept mine and did enjoy my snorkeling.

I'm aware I can miss nice things while wearing a vest that prevents me from going underwater, but I really don't care. And I believe that I would never go snorkeling without anyone looking after me.

Cheers

Marcio

Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    And I believe that I would never go snorkeling without anyone looking after me.

Cheers

Marcio
    Never swim alone.
    Never snorkel alone.
    Never dive alone.

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Never swim alone.
    Never snorkel alone.
    Never dive alone.
    In my case, I can say that "with my wife" doesn't qualify as "not alone", no matter how good a swimmer she is. We would never go snorkeling on our own, without at least a third person -- an instructor or more experienced snorkelers.

Cheers

Marcio

Aruba since 1979

baby beach signage

stay safe and do not leave the "bowl"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please be careful snorkeling-255299_336837219740949_995788562_n.jpg  

I went snorkeling with Stuart last year at Mango Halto and I declined the life vest even though we were swimming from the beach into deep water. We did have a motor jet though which helps a lot. However, the water was very choppy that day and a big waive hit me and I swallowed some water. After that waive and swallowing water, I was a little scared so I didn't continue to go further out where there were a lot more coral and fishes.

I think i will stick with the vest as well while snorkeling in deep water.

At the beach where the Jolly Snorkel trips docks, I also swam all the way out without a vest. All the people from the snorkel tour were wearing their vest and i just swam all the way out without a vest and no snorkel fins either.

My daring days are over!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345