Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Private Island Tour Vs Jeep Tour

Private Island Tour Vs Jeep Tour

Hello everyone ~ I am posting again looking from opinions from people ~ I will be in Aruba next week, and trying to make plans for a few trips and then the rest just enjoying the Radisson and all the area around there.
    I have a tour booked with arubabob for a snorkeling trip, and I went with the advice from Arubalisa and decided to look at an "island tour"
    I can't get in touch with Bully taxi driver, but I have communicated with "cerry" and he is highly recommended too. His is a tour of the island, and not snorkeling/swimming. So, with that being said, I have to decide if I want to add a jeep tour as well to swim/snorkel at baby beach and the natural pool ~ or decide on one or the other. Any toughts on this?? Thanks very much!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.kinikinitours.com/index.p...d=23&Itemid=19
    kristy, click above link for the jeep tour

kini kini has a great reputation

you sure you won't have too many things scheduled?

you could rent a car for a few days and hit up catalina cove and baby beach on your own. sometimes when making the trek to natural pool on a jeep tour, the participants are disappointed as the water is too rough to get in and swim.

Quote Originally Posted by kristy1 View Post
    Hello everyone ~ I am posting again looking from opinions from people ~ I will be in Aruba next week, and trying to make plans for a few trips and then the rest just enjoying the Radisson and all the area around there.
    I have a tour booked with arubabob for a snorkeling trip, and I went with the advice from Arubalisa and decided to look at an "island tour"
    I can't get in touch with Bully taxi driver, but I have communicated with "cerry" and he is highly recommended too. His is a tour of the island, and not snorkeling/swimming. So, with that being said, I have to decide if I want to add a jeep tour as well to swim/snorkel at baby beach and the natural pool ~ or decide on one or the other. Any toughts on this?? Thanks very much!

Aruba since 1979
    maybe you'd consider not doing a CERRY tour and doing a kini kini instead.

too bad that cerry won't/can't take you to baby beach for snorkeling.
    he is being paid by the hour, could he sit and wait while you are snorkeling for an hour?

the kini kini tour might be a good replacement for an island tour..........check out what you'd see on an island tour vs a jeep/snorkel tour w/ kini kini.

If you are having difficulty getting in touch with Bully, try contacting him through the forum. His username is taxidriver http://www.aruba.com/forum/members/taxidriver/.

He is flexible with his tours and would wait for you to swim at Baby Beach, but his van cannot get to the Natural Pool. I agree with Andrea, if you are a first time visitor, the Natural Pool is difficult and time consuming to get to, I would save that for your second trip to Aruba.

Andrea ~ You make some great points ~ You read my mind ~ I don't want to schedule too much. I am going back and forth in my mind and reviewing different options, but plan to cut it down to 2 excursions ~ just going through many of them to decide which ones. (if that make sense)
    I am leaning towards the private tour with Cerry and a small snorkeling tour with "aruba bob"
    Anything after that, maybe I should wait and book it there if we want to (like the 4hour trip with kini kini to baby beach) ~ or, like you said rent a car for a few days.
    How do you think that sounds??

Oh, you answered while I was typing! That is why I love this forum ~ so many good points and advice!! Yes, the Kini Kini has a 4 hour trip to baby beach for $50.00 pp and includes snorkeling gear ~ I just remember 20 years ago when I was there I loved baby beach. (thats when we rented a jeep and went on our own)
    I am on the fence about the natural pool as my husband just recovered from a shoulder injury and I heard it is rough to get there

Aruba since 1979
    you need to do what works for you.

as lisa says, give bully a try thru his username taxidriver
    he will wait for you at baby beach!!

do not overschedule........you do not want to be running ragged when you are supposed to be vegetating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kristy1 View Post
    Andrea ~ You make some great points ~ You read my mind ~ I don't want to schedule too much. I am going back and forth in my mind and reviewing different options, but plan to cut it down to 2 excursions ~ just going through many of them to decide which ones. (if that make sense)
    I am leaning towards the private tour with Cerry and a small snorkeling tour with "aruba bob"
    Anything after that, maybe I should wait and book it there if we want to (like the 4hour trip with kini kini to baby beach) ~ or, like you said rent a car for a few days.
    How do you think that sounds??

Thanks Arubalisa for your help too ~ you are both so helpful all the time! Much appreciated! (you were the one that gave me so much help and detail about the radisson back when I was in the planning stages of the trip)!!

Definitely no Natural Pool with that shoulder. There is MUCH jostling and bumping up and down to get there.

If Bully is booked, I would go with the Kini Kini Beach Tour. Forum members Ralph and Katherine took the tour with their children and enjoyed it. Costa Linda 3/30 -4/13
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-13-2012 at 09:57 AM.

When my husband and I went to Aruba last year, I had three things planned....snorkeling with arubabob (stuart), an island tour with Cerry, and a 6 hour deep sea fishing trip. We were there from Wednesday to Wednesday. I think we spent about 5 hours with Cerry and had a great time! I would highly reccomend him, he takes you where you want to go (the caves are very interesting). The snorkel trip was a couple of hours and wonderful, the deep sea fishing was nice but not worth the money, in my opinion. This time we are going to Aruba for 2 full weeks and have only scheduled 3 things this time....snorkeling with stuart, sunset cruise with snorkeling, and a fishing trip with Lorenzo. We will probably rent a car for a few days this time just to do our own thing. But the main purpose of this trip is to veg out on the BEACH!!!!!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast