Aruba Beach

Thread: Private Snorkel Tour List Suggestions

Private Snorkel Tour List Suggestions

We are looking to do a private snorkel tour that is fairly affordable. So far I have found:

Roberto's
    Morningstar
    Aruba Water Sports Center
    Tranquilo

Can anyone chime in on some of these or offer some other suggestions?

Normally, we would venture off on our own but some of the snorkel spots seem difficult to get to (swimming out far from the shore, climbing over a ton of rocks, current, etc.) My wife is pregnant this trip and she loves snorkeling but I don't want her to get hurt (clumsy and accident prone). We also have no need for the boozy/snorkel tour this time around.

Also, every year, in front of the Marriott Surf Club, there is a good looking Caucasian man with a pony tail that walks around promoting his snorkel tour. I believe his boat is anchored in front of the resort as well. He seemed like a very friendly guy and I was wondering if anyone knew what his company or boat is called so we can see what he offers?

We are willing to go with a small group to offset costs. We just don't want to be crammed on a boat with 30 people and all bumping into each other in the water.
    Next Aruba trip in

Jethro on the octopuss is great it is not a private tour but he is very professional and does not overcrowd his boat

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Jethro on the octopuss is great it is not a private tour but he is very professional and does not overcrowd his boat
    Great, thanks! I think that was actually the guy I was talking about. His website does state that he does do private and group tours now. I'll check on the cost of that.
    http://www.octopusaruba.com/

It looks like the cost of most private tours are around the same amount as a Red Sail Sports tour if you split the costs with only 4 people. Much better than the cattle call of the big tours. I guess we need to meet a nice couple while we're there or on the forum to split the cost.
    Next Aruba trip in