Aruba Beach

Thread: Questions about Black Pearl

Questions about Black Pearl

We're thinking of going on a Sunset sail on the Black Pearl but am a bit hesitant because it tends to get somewhat bashed on a lot of the Aruba Forums due to people with 1 post raving about it.

My questions- have any of the long time posters done this sail and, if so, what are your opinions? I haven't really heard of anyone having a bad experience with the Black Pearl- have you?

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Hi! Long time poster here...and one of the biggest Black Pearl critics. I posted my review on another forum earlier today. We went on the BP last week and it was wonderful. Here is my post from TA:

"As many of you know, I have been very critical of some of the posts about the Black Pearl. I have even been PM'ing with several of the "regulars" about it. One person even told me that she might go on the Black Pearl "just because."

I found myself trying to plan a trip to Aruba with my elderly in-laws that included a sunset sail. I booked with another company and then read some questionable reviews on another forum regarding overbooking and lack of seats. I cancelled that reservation...and...I did it...I booked The Black Pearl...just because!

Putting aside my thoughts about some of the other posts, I will comment on our trip. It was fabulous... Albert and Joann really are very nice people. They remembered everyone's name on the trip and referred to us by name throughout. Everyone had a full-length padded lounger to sit on for the entire trip. I don't think my in-laws ever moved from their seats. Joann just kept filling their drinks and they just relaxed and talked to some of the other passengers. Anton was also very nice and helped everyone on and off the boat after the various snorkel stops. And those darn cheese sandwiches..mmmm.....mmmmmm good. They really were awesome.

At least four other people on the BP that day were frequent flyers. They all had been on at least 10 times and say they never miss the BP when in Aruba.

Overall, it was a great success and we will definitely be going back next year. I even bought a shirt!

Just for the record, at no time did I ever identify myself to Albert and Joann, so I did not get special treatment of any kind."

I hope this helps!