Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about tours/activites and prices

Agree with 'sunnysmiles', those coupon books can help save a bit.

Driving in Aruba is pretty civilized. Most of the roads are decent (compared to other islands actually great) and likely that you won't get too lost because the island is pretty small. You shouldn't be afraid to rent for a few days and exploring if you feel adventurous but a tour with a local operator will show you places you may not find on your own. I think the key is to do what you are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    There are coupon books all over the island. When you get there hunt some down and go thru them. We saved $10 on one of the excursions we did (Green Zebra).
    I agree with Lisa and Andrea - rent a car - or you can go just about anywhere on the bus and that's super cheap. You can pick up the bus across from the Tam.

Hi There, did you take the bus everywhere, or does the bus not go to certain places... I would like to try taking the bus a much as we can. thanks for any information that you can give me about the bus.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Lisa, the public bus does not get to some "sights" such as Baby Beach, the collapsed natural bridge, Alton Vista chapel, Bushirbana Gold Mill ruins among others.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We took our first trip to Aruba in Feb. We didn't really want to rent a car and chose Aruba because several friends told us it was easy to get around without one. We did a jeep tour that took us to a lot of the sights on the other side of the island, with a snorkel/swim stop at baby beach. We had a great time. We also took a full day tour to Depalm Island so that we could go helmet diving. We loved the helmet diving, but it was a long day. I would probably just do a half day if we did that again. We used the buses and taxis for everything else. That worked great for us. We are going back in Feb. and probably will just use the buses and taxis again. I guess its all personal preference.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    Hi There, did you take the bus everywhere, or does the bus not go to certain places... I would like to try taking the bus a much as we can. thanks for any information that you can give me about the bus.

Lisa
    We took the bus a lot but no, it doesn't go everywhere per say. Downtown, Noord, Eagle Beach, Hi rise area, even up to the beach by the light house (I'm not sure if it actually goes to the lighthouse). It made it easy for us getting from the low rise area to the high rise area and when we stayed in Noord, to get to those areas and downtown. Beat paying for a taxi every time! They run frequent enough that it's easy to catch one too.

Thanks everyone for the information on the busses... I will let you know how I make out.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12