Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rancho Del Campo - HorseBack Riding

Phoenix

Rancho Del Campo - HorseBack Riding

Everyone was so helpful with a previous question that I thought I'd give this another try.

I will be in Aruba for one day via cruise ship. I am trying to sign up directly with Rancho Del Campo instead of via the cruise ship. It is cheaper that way ($70 vs. $86 pp. Has anyone ever done that before? Also, has anyone been to Rancho Del Campo? How was it?

Thanks!

Ilene

Re: Rancho Del Campo - HorseBack Riding

Been to Rancho Del Campo many times - great people and a fun time. Have always made my reservations while on the island so I don't know about the cruise ship part. Enjoy!

Rebecca

We were there in november and went horseback riding with Rancho Del Campo and did not have a very good time. We went to see the natural pool. It was very rocky and we were on the beach for 2 minutes. From talking to other guests at our resort who went riding at other ranches, they had a great time. I would try a different ranch.

phoenix

thanks all for your comments!

act

If you book with cruise ship and you get delayed...the ship will wait. If you book on your own and get delayed, the ship will leave you. I have seen it happen a few time

These horses were extremely depressed, lethargic & thirsty

While my husband and I were in Aruba on an ATV tour of the island, we cam across a company called Rancho del Campo that provided scenic horseback riding tours. When we saw the horses, they were extremely emaciated. Their hip bones and back bones were protruding. A few of the horses eye lids were droopy from infection, they weren't properly shoed and had oozing & bloody wounds all over their legs. When the horses were "tied up for rest", the reps giving the tours started to kick a horse. The horses weren't given any water and were eating the wooden posts they were tied up to. These horses were extremely depressed, lethargic & thirsty.

I will do whatever measures are necessary to educate and contact the public to make them aware of the treatment of these animals at Rancho del Campo. Itís a shame that an island as beautiful as Aruba, lacks the ability to regulate such treatment.

http://www.ranchodelcampo.com

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!

Rancho Del Campo

How awful! That must have been hard for you to see. I am a huge animal lover and that just breaks my heart. Do you know if they have an agency on the island similar to the ASPCA?

If you're looking for well-kept horses with good disposition, you want to go to Rancho La Ponderosa, see Lucho and ask for Patrick as one of your guides. The horses are excellent, not pokey trail-ponies (unless you want that, then I'm sure they have one or two) and the tours are good. Experienced riders just have to display that they are in fact experienced, and the guides will give a little lee-way when it comes to the ride.

The rides on Aruba's beautiful rocky horizons doesn't have to be unpleasant. I've done it at least 3 times a trip over the last 8 years, and not a hassle or mishap yet. You just have to know what you're doing.

be well, ride safely when you get there, and say hi to Patrick from the "Rock Star" in Toronto (his term, not mine...)

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    i forwarded this post to "animal rights aruba".
    they are a non profit group that does marvelous work.

a number of years ago, i went on a ride at delcampo and my horse was unshod and was blind in one eye. i refused to ride him.
    i demanded my money back which they did not give to me.

re: the thin horses
    all of the horses in aruba are thinner than the ones you see here in the usa.
    the horses eat about half of what a usa resident horse would eat due to their appetitie being smaller due to their breed and the heat.

and
    bales of hay are approx $11 per bale
    (here in maine they bales are anywhere from $2.50 - $4)

the aruba horses get minimal sweet feed (beets/oats) as the import cost is high

the skinniness of these beasts is not a huge concern except when you see them emaciated.

the horses at laponderosa get 2 flakes of hay in morning, some sweet feed mid day and another couple of flakes of hay in evening. that is about 1/2 less then the average horse here.

notorious feeds their horses the same regimine.

also too, no grazing in aruba.
    if they had a pasture, it'd be like heaven for them.

i vote we turn them all loose on tierra del sol or divi golf course for a couple of weeks to fatten them up and enjoy some sweet grass.

i rode a horse yesterday that was so fat i could barely get my heels in to give him a kick. the damn thing has been grazing since may!!! saw him in the field, called him over, climbed onto the fence and hopped onto his back and away we went...............
    again...........a huge girth. (the other end of the spectrum too fat)

Quote Originally Posted by MLC512 View Post
    While my husband and I were in Aruba on an ATV tour of the island, we cam across a company called Rancho del Campo that provided scenic horseback riding tours. When we saw the horses, they were extremely emaciated. Their hip bones and back bones were protruding. A few of the horses eye lids were droopy from infection, they weren't properly shoed and had oozing & bloody wounds all over their legs. When the horses were "tied up for rest", the reps giving the tours started to kick a horse. The horses weren't given any water and were eating the wooden posts they were tied up to. These horses were extremely depressed, lethargic & thirsty.

I will do whatever measures are necessary to educate and contact the public to make them aware of the treatment of these animals at Rancho del Campo. Itís a shame that an island as beautiful as Aruba, lacks the ability to regulate such treatment.

http://www.ranchodelcampo.com

The Mill Resort The Paddock Baby Beach Eagle Beach and many more
    Please let this be a warning to everybody..

We've been there in aug./sept. 2008 at 'Rancho Del Campo', it was Horrible!!
    The horses are so skinny and the stables are very poor!! and unable to get your money back we've paid 200 dollars.

Rancho Del Campo must be closed they do it only for the money so they can threat themself.
    My friend was riding on a horse and the horse shoe came of and the guide said: oooh there is nothing wrong, don't nag just go on.

When we arrived at 'Natural Pool' the horses can't drink because they get nothing to drink. We have giving the horses ice blocks and our own water, it was so sad to see..

The horses are just like robots, they know the way to Natural Pool and the way back.

It was very hot that day and the horses are very tired. When the guide whistled the horses go in a up tempo and they are very afraid when the guide whistled..
    The horses have been trained, day in day out at 35 degrees or more.

The way to 'Naural Pool' and the way back is very very rocky and no good for the horses.

Ive been taken photos of the horses and the stables, so everyone can see how horrible and sad this is!
    Would you see some photos? send me an email.

I've been taken some steps against 'Rancho Del Campo' here in Holland.
    I've also send a email to the government of Aruba.

We go again this year to Aruba if there is nothing changed, we go straight to the government of Aruba, with the photos.

I hope you can understand me because my english is not so good, don't speak 'english' every day.

Rancho Del Campo must be closed!!!
    Last edited by KimRichelle; 02-11-2010 at 06:37 AM. Reason: It was Horrible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast