Aruba Beach

Thread: Rancho La Ponderosa?

Question Rancho La Ponderosa?

My husband is jazzed to take me horseback riding during our visit in May; he's an experienced rider, me, not so much. I did tons of research, chose Rancho Daimari and they are booked solid during our visit My second choice is Rancho La Ponderosa, as I like their itinerary and they seemed okay with galloping (my hubby chafed at the "upcharge" for galloping at other ranchos). But I'm not finding a lot of opinions/reviews/info about Rancho La Ponderosa - anybody got a recent review to share to help me out? Thanks!

div

Talking Rancho Daimari

Too bad Rancho Daimari is booked. We did a ride with them and it was great! The entire ride is in the National Park and includes a trip to the "natural pool". Can't give you any information on La Ponderosa, but I did want to confirm your research on Rancho Daimari.

Aruba since 1979
    i recommend for you to go with them
    rancho laponderosa is terrific imo
    spend the extra $10 pp and take the private early morning tour.
    their horses are in good shape'their guides are competent and patient

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cavdeb View Post
    My husband is jazzed to take me horseback riding during our visit in May; he's an experienced rider, me, not so much. I did tons of research, chose Rancho Daimari and they are booked solid during our visit My second choice is Rancho La Ponderosa, as I like their itinerary and they seemed okay with galloping (my hubby chafed at the "upcharge" for galloping at other ranchos). But I'm not finding a lot of opinions/reviews/info about Rancho La Ponderosa - anybody got a recent review to share to help me out? Thanks!

Thank you, Andrea, for the help. Here's something funny - I kept looking for an official website for Rancho La Ponderosa; Yahoo search never came up with one. After reading your reply, I decided to try again and I accidently typed "Rancho La Poderosa" in the search box. Voila! The misspelling takes you there. I have requested reservations. Wouldn't have kept looking without your help - thanks again!

Anyone else with info to share on Rancho La Ponderosa?

Aruba since 1979
    the private tour is now considerably higher that $10 pp when i did it.
    this is the tour we did and LOVED it.
    WARIBURI (SP) BEACH TOUR.

ask for the tour guide that used to work at rancho el paso. he is excellent, kind and very very patient. i forget his name (maybe louis or luke) if you want to canter, lope or gallop he will help , if not he is very patient and very good at letting you just walk and enjoy the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by cavdeb View Post
    Thank you, Andrea, for the help. Here's something funny - I kept looking for an official website for Rancho La Ponderosa; Yahoo search never came up with one. After reading your reply, I decided to try again and I accidently typed "Rancho La Poderosa" in the search box. Voila! The misspelling takes you there. I have requested reservations. Wouldn't have kept looking without your help - thanks again!

Anyone else with info to share on Rancho La Ponderosa?

Not La Ponderosa, but was great

Well, I promised a follow-up...we booked in early April for our horseback trip this past Sunday, May 18. When we arrived in Aruba, I called to confirm and was told La Ponderosa didn't do Sunday trips anymore (despite our reservation). They were, however, kind enough to set us up with Rancho Notorious, which only takes locals on Sundays. But, they had no reservations for locals, so Hubby and I got a private tour for the regular price . Initial probs aside, the ride was fabulous, the guide (Camilio) was really nice and funny and we galloped up and down the beach several times at no extra charge! The horses were very healthy and well-trained. I would definitely recommend Rancho Notorious to others; our experience was very good.

I Went In April And Used Rancho Del Campo. The Horses Were Very Healthy And The Tour Through The National Park And To The Natural Pool Was So Beautiful. They Did Allow Galloping On The Soft Sand. I Would Use Them Again.

Joanie A

My nieces and dd rode with Rancho Notorious in December and had a very enjoyable ride.