Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Renaissance private island

Renaissance private island

Hello all ~ I am arriving in Aruba Sept 18th for a week at the Radisson to celebrate our 20th anniversay and am so excited!! People helped me a lot on here with the resort questions back when I was in the planning stages, and since then I have read a lot of very helpful information on here ~ so figured I would ask a few more things before I leave ~
    Was looking at the private island that the Renaissance uses, and was wondering if guests from other resorts (Radisson) can still go there ~ and if people found it worth the cost. (It sounds beautiful, but wondering if it would be that much different than spending a day at the beach at the resort we are staying in?? We know we can't do it all in one trip ~ so trying to decide which ones!! Thanks for any opinions on this!

Aruba since 1979
    yes renaissance still has guest passes.
    day passes are sold based on availability (september is pretty slow so i am betting they will be offering day passes)
    approximately $75 pp
    includes the ferry/boat shuttle
    lunch and an alcoholic beverage or 2.
    (lunch there is pretty good)
    lounges and towels

imo it is a mighty expensive price for a day at the beach.

it is a nice place
    if one is staying at the renaissance it is a great perk and a wonderful place to spend the day.

if you are going to be at the radisson, then your beach area right there at your disposal is quite nice indeed.

again, all my opinion.

we have stayed at the renaissance numerous times.
    we love renaissance island.
    we stay at lacabana often and when saying at lacabana do not even consider
    spending the $ to head over to the island as we find our area at eagle beach perfectly wonderful.

happy anniversary!

QUOTE=kristy1;233426]Hello all ~ I am arriving in Aruba Sept 18th for a week at the Radisson to celebrate our 20th anniversay and am so excited!! People helped me a lot on here with the resort questions back when I was in the planning stages, and since then I have read a lot of very helpful information on here ~ so figured I would ask a few more things before I leave ~
    Was looking at the private island that the Renaissance uses, and was wondering if guests from other resorts (Radisson) can still go there ~ and if people found it worth the cost. (It sounds beautiful, but wondering if it would be that much different than spending a day at the beach at the resort we are staying in?? We know we can't do it all in one trip ~ so trying to decide which ones!! Thanks for any opinions on this![/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrea ~ I value and appreciate your opinion, and the detail you give. Really helps!! If you dont mind if I ask, what is your opinion on renting a jeep for the day (on our own) and exploring the island?? (We did that 20years ago, but I am sure it has changed since then)

Aruba since 1979
    my opinion on renting a jeep is a YES and NO....sort of.

Yes, but only if you are going to be on roads that are roads and not culverts, cliffs, ravines etc..
    Reasoning, is if something happens mechanically or physically to the vehicle when you are out there in the craters,culverts etc YOU ARE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE for that vehicle. If it rolls or crashes or tires blow....you, the renter are responsible.

IMO, if you want to take a trek off roading to the natural pool, i would get in on a Jeep Tour or an ATV Tour If something happens to the vehicle when taking the tour, "it is the company's concern"

A sedan is just fine for a road trip to most of the sites.........lighthouse, natural bridge..fallen down and baby, baby beach, alto vista chapel, hooiberg, paved road of the arikok, etc..

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jeep%20tour.html
    check out these tagged threads for Jeep tour

Quote Originally Posted by kristy1 View Post
    Thanks Andrea ~ I value and appreciate your opinion, and the detail you give. Really helps!! If you dont mind if I ask, what is your opinion on renting a jeep for the day (on our own) and exploring the island?? (We did that 20years ago, but I am sure it has changed since then)

The beach at the Radisson is pretty darn nice

Imo take the $150 you would spend on the Renaissance day pass and put it towards an island tour. The island has changed a lot in 20 years and there may be some spots you missed.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/island%20tours.html

Arubalisa ~ that is a great idea ~ I followed your link and sent an email to bullytaxi79@hotmail.com but did not hear back yet. I am hoping to hear something.
    Is there any other way to get in touch with him??

Thanks
    Kristy

Aruba since 1979
    check you spam email folder and look for a response from amador lacle

you can also get him thru this forum private message, bully's username is TAXIDRIVER

Quote Originally Posted by kristy1 View Post
    Arubalisa ~ that is a great idea ~ I followed your link and sent an email to bullytaxi79@hotmail.com but did not hear back yet. I am hoping to hear something.
    Is there any other way to get in touch with him??

Thanks
    Kristy

Andrea,

Question - So $75 per person will get on island, lunch and drink(s). If staying at Ren, do you just get use of island, or is lunch and drink(s) included then also?

Thanks,
    Ted
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    if you are staying at renaissance marina or ocean (not marriott hotel, ocean or surf)
    the private island and shuttle ride are included as an amenity of the ren.

lunch and beverages are not included, but can be signed onto your room charge or cash accepted.

if you are stay at the ren, all inclusive, then YES food and beverages at private island included.
    Quote Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
    Andrea,

Question - So $75 per person will get on island, lunch and drink(s). If staying at Ren, do you just get use of island, or is lunch and drink(s) included then also?

Thanks,
    Ted