Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renting an Underwater camera?

ikelite makes some excellent cases. My next major purchase will be a good camera and housing.

Yeah, they do and keep in mind that the ikelite is the less expensive case for my nice new nikon and it's $1200!! No matter what you do even the cheapest is expensive

The only good thing is I have spoken to a local camera rental place and they will list my camera, lens, and housing for rent at $300 a week and just call me when they get a rental request. I get 50% of the fee so it may be a good way to recoup some of the spent money.

Nothing is cheap when it comes to underwater photography. Sounds like a good deal from your local rental place though, best of luck with it.

I bought a Sony SPK-HCD Underwater Camcorder Sports Pack (housing unit) for my Sony Handycam video camera. It was probably around $150. Just in case any future readers want to do video/photo recording while snorkeling. Depth is about 5 meters.

I bought a Sony SPK-HCD Underwater Camcorder Sports Pack (housing unit) for my Sony Handycam video camera. It was probably around $150. Just in case any future readers want to do video/photo recording while snorkeling.

Renting an underwater camera?

Lisa, How do I find out about renting an underwater camera? My son is a photog student and we would like to look into it for him

Any of the dive operators would rent an underwater camera.

We have an older digital camera which we now use as an underwater camera. Dh found a relatively inexpensive housing for the camera.

If you have a spare camera around, do a google search and you should have no trouble finding one. As long as it is not a DSLR camera it should be affordable.

great idea ! never thought of that

Dh researched the type of housing needed to fit our camera and when shopping online for it, happened to find the exact one needed on eBay for about $25. That is less than the cost of renting a camera once.

Banned
    I used the DiCAPac waterproof housing for my Canon digital camera last year. I would not recommend it. It kept the camera dry just fine but you could not get a clear shot because part of the lens housing kept getting in the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast