Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Renting an Underwater camera?

Ours is a hard plastic like material

Banned
    Mine was not the hard plastic. Did you get good results with it? I'd hate to drop 300 for a waterproof digital camera for my once a year trip to Aruba.

Smile

xobxdoc, I will have my underwater camara for you guys when we snorkle. I alway had a canon and a hard water box to fit it. It leaked once and the camara was shot. I now have a olympus that is all water proof with no housing. It takes the best underwater pics or above water pics. Its about a $400 camara but its worth it for me. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by xobxdoc View Post
    Mine was not the hard plastic. Did you get good results with it? I'd hate to drop 300 for a waterproof digital camera for my once a year trip to Aruba.
    We have not had so much as a drop of water. So far we have used it, off the top of my head, 5+ times. The one we purchased has rubber gaskets all around the opening and it secures shut with latches.

If you are going to snorkel or dive frequent enough an investment in a camera like Kent's is surely a terrific idea.

Unfortunately not in our budget right now.

We were discussing this last night. $400 is not much for my son who hopes to work for National Geographic. We are still undecided. His Nikon Cool Pix was 249 while is Nikon D90 was much more (this was required by school) He is thinking about a case for the cool pix. I also like the idea using it just for protection. We will keep you updated

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    Next to my Canon 550 D, i'm gonna use the Pentax Optio W90 this time on Aruba, it's water proof up to 6 mtrs en shock proof. In the Netherlands it's €245.

12.1 Megapixel - 5 mm-25 mm - 2.7" LCD - 5x Optical Zoom - 4000 x 3000 Image - 1280 x 720 Video - HDMI - MPN: 16411

An other option is the new Pentax Optio WG-1 Adventure Series.
    Last edited by Kingpin; 04-22-2011 at 02:53 PM.

are there any cheap(50-100$) underwater cameras?

If not, do those disposable underwater cameras work well?

With us going on one of the snorkeling trips, would like to get pictures of the fish and coral

Iactually bought the waterproff/shockproof Canon D10 and it takes the most amazing underwater shots and videos... in the gallery all of my underwater shots were taken with it. I have found it to be a great all around camera for anythign out doors or even indoors. It is beefy enough tat it doesnt feel like it will break and it can survive a tough fall.

Here are a few up close and personal fish pictures taken with our Olympus Stylus Tough 8000. We are generally happy with the camera but I think we are going to upgrade to the new Olympus TG-810 camera before the next trip so we can get the GPS EXIF data and 14 megapixel resolution.

CLICK A THUMBNAILED IMAGE TO SEE A LARGER VERSION

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123