Aruba Beach

Thread: Resort pools / beaches

Resort pools / beaches

How late are they usually open? With the kids, we expect to eat dinner early. What can we do after dinner? I was thinking swim, if the pools are open, or at least sit on the pool deck & relax, and enjoy the sunset.

In general, are there lifeguards at the pools & beaches? At night?

I know some vacation places where you cannot be on the beach sunset to dawn.

Aruba since 1979
    no lifeguards...pools or beaches.
    the only place i have seen lifeguards is AquaWindies and that was during a swim lesson class guarding, while instructor was instructing.

i do not know what time your resort poll closed but lacabana, where we own closes at dusk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold Family Vacay View Post
    How late are they usually open? With the kids, we expect to eat dinner early. What can we do after dinner? I was thinking swim, if the pools are open, or at least sit on the pool deck & relax, and enjoy the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold Family Vacay View Post

It depends on your resort. Some will close their pool at dusk and others are open all night. We stay at Amsterdam Manor and their pool is never closed - we've gone for late night swims on occasion after a night out (feels refreshing.) Same with the beaches. I can only speak for Amsterdam Manor, but we've gone swimming at night a few times over the years. Of course, you swim at your own risk. And most nights after dinner we will take a glass of wine to the beach, pull up chairs next to the water, and enjoy our wine while listening to the soft waves and gazing at the stars.

I've never seen any lifeguards in Aruba - not at the pools or beaches.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

The pool at the Radisson is open 24 hours.

With that said, there are no lifeguards, but there are also areas of either of the zero entry pool that an adult can sit and easily watch their child(ren) swim and set specific, clear boundaries of how far they can enter either of the swimming pools.

In addition there are depths marked at the edge of the pools.