Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Running across the island

Bunker Bar
    For your reference/consideration; There are a number of races held on the island throughout the year. Start time is in the early dawn hours. I.E., 5:00 AM. Gets you off the course before the heat of the day.
    Joe & Mimi

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Paul. I'd be very careful running through the park due to much less tradewinds in the park. We've driven through the park many times and the temp. gauge in the vehicle is reading over 100 degrees.
    Best of Luck, but be very careful

I would love to get going sooner, but unfortunately the ship won't be docking until 7am or 8am. Fortunately I'm used to running in hot weather (90+ here during that time) so I'll be sure to bring plenty of fluids. I'm assuming I'll be able to purchase/refill at the Boca Prins restaurant for the return trip.

I can't wait!

Anywhere the ocean meets the land
    Quote Originally Posted by mangopaco View Post
    Is it possible to run across the island?

I'm visiting in July for five days and was wondering if it's possible to run from the northermost point in Arashi to the southermost point near Seroe Colorado.

Is there enough space on the streets and roads for a runner? Is it safe?

I would plan to run in the early morning to make a little easier with the heat and traffic but was wondering if this was even possible.

It's about 22 miles and I would have a friend drive a car to support me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I'll be on island time for Easter. Ambitious venture to run the island. Be weary of the temp and crazy drivers. Im going to try to run the steps at hooiberg mt. About 56 flights. I talked my wife Kat into attempting with me. Not as adventurous as a 20 mile island run but looking fwd to the challenge.
    Good luck amigo. Post a trip report about your success!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12