Aruba Beach

Thread: Running trails

Running trails

Are there any running trail maps for Aruba? I might be running in the NY marathon this year but might push to next year instead since I'm super out of shape, BUT would like to try to do a run on the island.

I already know not to run through neighborhoods since I don't wish to be chased by loose dogs but any other suggested trails besides the high rise to lighthouse?

So excited, leaving 8/12-8/22! The feeling reminds me of when I would get a pair of new shoes and would wear them to bed bc I was so excited to wear them to school the next day.

Im usually a planner but this time around, I just want to wing it...prob best to plan tho...

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot comment on the running trails.
    i think no.

but i have seen lots of runners on the road to alto vista chapel (hilly)
    and many many many walkers, runners and joggers along the road /walkway of Eagle Beach.

many walkers too along the walkway (i hesitate to call it a boardwalk) in the hi rise palm beach area.

one of the big problems if you choose to run in a neighborhood is DOGS!!! lots of folks do not keep their dogs leashed and although there is no such thing "as a bad dog" , you could be fair game to one or many that are just hanging out in front of their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by caromelle View Post
    Are there any running trail maps for Aruba? I might be running in the NY marathon this year but might push to next year instead since I'm super out of shape, BUT would like to try to do a run on the island.

I already know not to run through neighborhoods since I don't wish to be chased by loose dogs but any other suggested trails besides the high rise to lighthouse?

So excited, leaving 8/12-8/22! The feeling reminds me of when I would get a pair of new shoes and would wear them to bed bc I was so excited to wear them to school the next day.

Im usually a planner but this time around, I just want to wing it...prob best to plan tho...

Thanks for the reply Andrea! I guess I'll just have to stick to the main roads and try the lighthouse. If you see an asian girl lying on the road about halfway to the lighthouse, that'll be me! jk.

also, have you gone horseback riding and would you say to ride towards the end of one's trip as opposed to the beginning?

Aruba since 1979
    i always rode early morning and have ridden often there and no preference as to when in the vacation that i rode.

be prepared to get FILTHY.
    Quote Originally Posted by caromelle View Post
    Thanks for the reply Andrea! I guess I'll just have to stick to the main roads and try the lighthouse. If you see an asian girl lying on the road about halfway to the lighthouse, that'll be me! jk.

also, have you gone horseback riding and would you say to ride towards the end of one's trip as opposed to the beginning?

If you are up to it you can run up Hooiberg, I only walk it but its fun and a good view to reward you at the top