Aruba Beach

Thread: Safari Tour

Safari Tour

My husband and I took the Watapana Jeep Tour on Feb 23, 2013. The reservation was made on Fri.and I was given a pick up time of 8:20 AM. No one arrived and I started calling and was told someone was on the way. 9:10 AM a bus arrived with the driver and an employee of the company. We got to the office and paid $108 instead of the $106 (not sure why the difference). Once outside to wait for the driver, the only Jeep in front of us had no running boards to ease getting in or out of the jeep. The seat was not bolted to the floor and we were jerked forward and backward depending on whether the driver accelerated or braked. He didn't understand English as he couldn't answer my questions. He did not explain any of the sites we were seeing, or the culture, education etc as would be expected of a tour guide (which we paid for). We didn't see all of the main attractions as advertised by their flyer. The flyer also states that Three Colors Stone Beach is one of the attractions. Not one Aruban knew of this beach. My husband and I are very disappointed in this company and hope it is not a reflection of the island.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

did you express your concerns about the jeep condition to the people in the office? and express your disappointment in the overall tour to the powers that be ?

believe me they are not a reflection of the island

Quote Originally Posted by kwbenoit67 View Post
    My husband and I took the Watapana Jeep Tour on Feb 23, 2013. The reservation was made on Fri.and I was given a pick up time of 8:20 AM. No one arrived and I started calling and was told someone was on the way. 9:10 AM a bus arrived with the driver and an employee of the company. We got to the office and paid $108 instead of the $106 (not sure why the difference). Once outside to wait for the driver, the only Jeep in front of us had no running boards to ease getting in or out of the jeep. The seat was not bolted to the floor and we were jerked forward and backward depending on whether the driver accelerated or braked. He didn't understand English as he couldn't answer my questions. He did not explain any of the sites we were seeing, or the culture, education etc as would be expected of a tour guide (which we paid for). We didn't see all of the main attractions as advertised by their flyer. The flyer also states that Three Colors Stone Beach is one of the attractions. Not one Aruban knew of this beach. My husband and I are very disappointed in this company and hope it is not a reflection of the island.

Jeep safari

I have written a letter to the company and requested a reply. I tried doing it online but the website wouldn't take it or email it to them. Everything else was great. We will consider going back in the future, so it was not a deal breaker. just disappointing and I was sore from all the bouncing around and jostling.