Aruba Beach

Thread: Scuba Diving Aruba questions

Scuba Diving Aruba questions

Hello everyone,

I am interested in scuba diving in Aruba while I am visiting but I am curious as to what PADI certification level is needed for the different dive spots in Aruba. I am PADI OW certified. Are there certain dives that will require advanced standing? If so which ones? I probably will be diving with JADS but haven't contacted them yet. Any info on this and dive recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    you probably should contact JADS for specifics

we have gone diving at numerous sites ...Jane Sea, Antilla, and a few others and PADI Open Water certification was all that was needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm87 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am interested in scuba diving in Aruba while I am visiting but I am curious as to what PADI certification level is needed for the different dive spots in Aruba. I am PADI OW certified. Are there certain dives that will require advanced standing? If so which ones? I probably will be diving with JADS but haven't contacted them yet. Any info on this and dive recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks!

thank for your reply. what diving company did you go through?

Aruba since 1979
    we have used Unique

we have also not done any scuba in about 6 or more years

you may also want to contact Arubabob snorkeling (Kent on this forum)

he does awesome snorkeling adventures at the mangel halto area and may have some recommendations for SCUBA for you.
    he and his business partner, do a LOT of SCUBA and i trust their opinions and experience.
    again,they run a snorkel business, but they may be able to advise you re: Scuba.

also forum member Arubalisa's daughter and husband are both certified and have gone out diving during their aruba vacations.
    she may be able to make suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm87 View Post
    thank for your reply. what diving company did you go through?