Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scuba diving operators

scuba diving operators

Hi, We are staying at Occidental in November and would love to book a diving package. We last were in Aruba 10 years ago and did our diving with Red Sail Sports. We are not interested in using them again as they still take up to 24 divers on a boat. We would like to dive with smaller groups. Could you give me a recommendation of a dive op that uses smaller boats, takes small groups of 6 or less. Also, location matters. We don't want long van rides to where the boats are leaving from. Thank you.

I have not used them but I believe http://www.private-diving.com may be something you would be interested in. Otherwise http://www.se-aruba.com/

Unique, Pelican (owned by Unique) and Red Sail are THE major players on Palm Beach. Imo, if you were not happy with Red Sail, Unique will be a repeat.

Red face THank you

Thank you for the referral to SE Fly and Dive. I have e-mailed them asking for a package rate. Their web site states they are located on Havana Beach. I can't find that beach on any map. Would you know where they are and if it is close to Occidental. Thank you again. Marge

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5087745&lon=-70.0292373&z=17&l=0&m=b Havana Beach is located between the airport and downtown Oranjestad. It is about a 15 minute ride from the Occidental. Unfortunately they are the closest operator who would probably fulfill your requirements.

Aruba Watersports right there between the Occidental and Radisson is a PADI facility, however I do not reccommend them but for Discover scuba. They were terrific with our then 10 yo, but for certified divers, their inflatables don't really cut it.

I've only had more than six divers on a boat once in more than a dozen trips with red sail and never on the south coast dives.

HI, great to read that you are returning to Aruba for vacation. I just wanted to let you know that we at Red Sail's have reduced the maximum # of divers on our vessels to 20. This decision was taken after receiving feedback from our dear guests that the trips at times were too full. Hope you will great time above and below the water. Peter

For the last two years I have used Red Sail and they had 6-8 divers on the boat,I go to Aruba in late October.On previous trips I have used Dive Aruba.Clive the owner has been diving for more than 25years and has a small boat and only takes a max of 6 divers.The difference in companies is more convince for me,My wife doesn't dive and Dive Aruba's dives are much longer than Red Sail.Both IMO are great.Enjoy your dives.

Thank you for your responses. Also, I appreciate your response Peter. We prefer small dive boats with less than 8 divers and lots of bottom time. We are going to look at all of our options.

What I would like to avoid is the schlepping of our gear in vehicles to get to the dive boats. We would really prefer to be able to walk out to the shore and get on a boat and go dive, not having to get picked up and driven to the boat. That's the tough part I guess. Convenience or smaller groups. We're hoping it will be less crowded in November when we arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by margeka View Post
    We would really prefer to be able to walk out to the shore and get on a boat and go dive, not having to get picked up and driven to the boat.
    Red Sail or Unique are the only two operators who operate their boats from that specific area.
    Unique from De Palm Pier between the Radisson and Riu and Red Sail the Hyatt pier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast