Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SHARKS!!

Justine

SHARKS!!

I'm 13 yrs old and i'm going to aruba with my family in a little while and we will of corse go swimming and i'm kind of afraid of sharks will i have any chance of getting attacked??

Patrice

Re: SHARKS!!

Hey Justine.
    You have a better chance of winning the lottery or hit by some flying object from mars than getting attacked by a shark in Aruba. Althoug anything is possible. Unless you swim miles and miles out in the middle of the ocean I wouldn't too much be worry about it. We have been to Aruba twice and stayed for a month each time and did not see or hear of any sharks. So just enjoy your time and leave the sharks on National Geographic.

kiss44

Zero chance!

Randi

Justine,
    We all hear about shark attacks and that makes us very nervous. My son who is about your age gets worried too. However, the shark attacks we hear about usually happen in the United States where the ocean water is much colder than the ocean in Aruba. Sharks do not like warm water and that is why they stay far out in the middle of the ocean. We have been coming to Aruba for years and have never heard of anyone having an encounter with a shark. Enjoy the ocean, it is wonderful.

Lisa

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Rosemary

Are you serious? If so, what part of the island were you on?

jeannie

Come on??? Where??? Never heared about this.

shelly

My daughter was very worried about sharks too. Where did your son get attacked? My daughter got attacked by a jellyfish - man of war??? not sure.... but she her arm swelled to twice the size & we had to keep her in the shade for 4 days : ( She did however get right back in the water on the 5th day & loved it (kids have no fear!!) How is your son doing?

Arubalisa

Pretty amazing to hear about a shark attack. There was one which I recall within the past few years. It occured at the docks where the fishing boats moor in front of the Marriott timeshare. If I am not mistaken, the boy was swimming outside of the ropes and in an area where the fishermen were tossing the carcasses from freshly scaled fish.

In 12+ trips to the island and probably 25+ dives, dh and I have never even seen a shark!

Oh and of course there is that story that goes on and on about the hotels dumping all of their garbage on the windward side of the island. Those people who spread this rumor claim it is to keep the sharks swimming on THAT side of the island...

Loriann

Im sure it is all just rumor. but of course sharks can be anywhere. Just be cautious when swimming, of course.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast