pier
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SHARKS!!

mihcelle

Re: SHARKS!!

as long as you stay on the side with all the beaches and when u go over to the natural bridge is where they feed the sharks that is what the locals told us and the water is much colder on that side and not as pretty. the army told us the same thing all i can say is be cautious and have fun and have mom and dad do the four wheelers and have a great time

RKSHARKS

Re: SHARKS!!

I AM A DIVER WHO JUST TURNED 40.I HAVE BEEN TO THE ISLAND 7 YEARS.I WILL BE LEAVING 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY,WITH MY WIFE AND SON.I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO DIVES IN THE FAMILY RIGHT NOW.I HAVE MANY DIVES LOGGED ON THAT GREAT ISLAND AND HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD ANY THING ABOUT A SHARK AND BELIVE ME IF THERE WAS ANY KIND OF SHARK ATTACK I WOULD KNOW !HAVE FUN

sharks

of course there are sharks. but pretty sure you're safe. last trip my girlfiend and i did a deep sea Pelican snorkling adventure and encountered one. it swam about 25ft below us. we have a great picture of it. at the time it seemed like a large fish but were suprised when we got the picture developed. sharks can be anywhere at anytime, but want to be left alone just as we do. unless you have chaw the water and dont slash around like a wounded animal you're safe.

i to was worried about this and when i asked about i was told that i shouldnot worry in the slightest you will not be bitten by a shark

Divi All inclusive is the best !!! Curtis is the BEST bartender EVER !!! Hi Curtis !!!
    Justin dont worry, just enjoy your vacation. I have been to Aruba plenty of times and bring my 4 year old in the ocean, we go in it numerous times a day . Never seen anything to worry about !!! You will love the sea there it is warm and beautiful. Have fun !!

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    I'm here several months a year, and have never heard of a single shark-related incident. But, if you are really nervous, stick to Manchebo, Eagle, Palm and Baby Beach (or the pool!). There are too many little water sports boats coming in and out for there to be any attraction for sharks. I've also never heard of a jellyfish problem here.

We own a timeshare and have been going for over 10 years - every year.. we love Aruba. We also dive and have only seen a sand shark once on the south side of the island.

We did see a shark patrol eagle beach 2 years ago. It swam right against the shore line quite fast. We were on shore and could not make out what he was - but it was roughly 4' long... was not a sand shark or nurse shark for sure.

They are out there but - not to attack people, eagle beach has allot of schooling flat fish and he prob just followed them in for a snack.

Aruba is very safe and the people are extremely friendly and helpful.

But did you know... they do have rattle snakes on the island.. most people do not. So if you leave you car on the back side of the island - do not go tipping rocks over or get near holes and put your hands in - you never know whats inside. They also have Gila monsters ( a small lizard that gave give you a very painful bite. I have never seen either out in the back part of the island other than in a glass aquarium ( the Parks department - had them on display at the Bat cave.. I forget the real name of the cave.)

Have fun and do not worry, it's the best place to go as a family.

Justin posted this when he was 13, he is now at least 15 as this post was from 2006! Either he enjoyed himself or he found the only shark in Aruba!
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

I agree I have never heard any of this and I get around a lot down there. Yikes!

I love the whole island, so it's hard to choose, but if I have to then I would say baby beach & the natural bridge area
    Nahhhh! I suppose anything is possible, but I've never seen one

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast