Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SHARKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Arubalisa,
    Now, I certainly hope Mr. Eel will be hanging out with Mr. Shark shopping in Miami in November ( ha ha ) What do you think ?
    The shark will be much further than Miami, I hear he goes to Vegas. We've seen them while diving in Florida, but never saw one in Aruba.

ArubaSalsa, can't wait to see the pixs so I can show my husband. He still teases me that it must have been something else. Anyway, it was a neat experience. Saw them many times in Florida and the Bahamas but never in Aruba.
    ARUBA LISA, I know you are a big fan of the Divi Tams. We are Divi members but check out my post under family stuff to see what happened to our 5 yr old there.

Quote Originally Posted by dspence View Post
    ARUBA LISA, I know you are a big fan of the Divi Tams. We are Divi members but check out my post under family stuff to see what happened to our 5 yr old there.
    Yes, I did see it and did not know what to say. In two visits we had never had, nor seen any of those issues. Very sad to hear.

hey arubalisa, a question here ?
    I know i spoke to you about the Tranquillo, husband unfortunately has bad back, and feels 6 hours is just to long to be out there, so have you heard anything about Red Sail? although i have left a messages and still no call back.

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    hey arubalisa, a question here ?
    I know i spoke to you about the Tranquillo, husband unfortunately has bad back, and feels 6 hours is just to long to be out there, so have you heard anything about Red Sail? although i have left a messages and still no call back.
    Red Sail is similar to Pelican and De Palm. Not much difference between the three companies.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    I have heard they have sharks around the island, but have heard that in order to keep them on the rougher side of the island they throw old meat out daily.....anyone know if that is true or not ???? We never see any boats out around the rough side when we take the jeeps or quads out, but then it may be a different time of day......

That was many years ago. Near the old Bushiribana Gold Smelter ruins there is a Boca where they dumped trash into the ocean. While it did attract sharks, the practice was stopped a long time ago. From what I've been told, you can still see some of the cables and pulleys used to dump the trash.

Picture of the Shark

Ok guys here is the shark picture. This was taken like 2 weeks ago at the palm island. The shark is around 3 foot long. The funny thing that happend was that just last Friday we were on the Jolly Pirates and at the antilla shipwreck we saw a shark again. This shark was all the way down so I estimate it around 5 feet long. When I came back on the boat the crew told me that they've seen that same shark before too. He also told me that when they get bigger they leave.

Check out the shark picture that's attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SHARKS!!-sc001aa9a5.jpg  

Thanks for the picture,hope I see it when I dive in October,I will have my camera ready.It looks bigger than three feet.

Maybe it is bigger than 3 feet... don't know for sure how big it was.

Wow! Thanks Reggie!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast